I need to know

by cosmic 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
  • Carmel
    Carmel

Then there is the Baha'i concept of worship...

SCIENCE AS WORSHIP

Thy letter was received. Praise be to God it imparted the good news of thy health and safety and indicated that thou art ready to enter into an agricultural school. This is highly suitable. Strive as much as possible to become proficient in the science of agriculture for in accordance with the Divine Teachings, the acquisition of sciences and the perfection of arts is considered as acts of worship. If a man engages with all his power in the acquisition of a science or in the perfection of an art, it is as if he has been worshipping God in the churches and temples. Thus as thou enterest a school of agriculture and strivest in the acquisition of that science thou art day and night engaged in acts of worship -- acts that are accepted at the threshold of the Almighty. What bounty greater than this that science should be considered as an act of worship and art as service to the Kingdom of God.

(Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section, p. 377)

carmel

• GodisRight
    GodisRight

We owe God worship because he is our Creator. We did not make ourselves or come to life by accident.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies
    We owe God worship because he is our Creator. We did not make ourselves or come to life by accident.

Does this imply that children should worship their parents?

• lilybird
    lilybird

I really am not interested in a God that demands to be worshipped just because he created us. It makes life pointless and meaningless to me.Before when I believed in God or some higher power, I was always worried about offending him or not praying right or some other pointless way of thinking.

Now I know I am only responsible for myself and respecting the rights of others.. life is much simpler , clearer , easier to understand...I actually feel much happier. If God created us just to worship him.. sorry I am not interested.. If he wants to kill me for my outlook.. guess I can't stop him.. but I am sure enjoying my life a whole lot more..

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Gods, are creations and fallacies of the mind which we have come to strongly identify with.

To worship them is to support our make-believe self; and to deny them is to die.

Or so we think.

j

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Does this imply that children should worship their parents?

Absolutely! But only because they love me so much. And of course if they don't, I'll smite 'em! Smite 'em good! Dave

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Hell if I know!?

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I hope my children love me. I hope they have lots of good feelings for me. I'm really happy when they call me. (My 17 year old musician just called while I was typing this) When they remember all the things I did for them, it makes me happy. When they show me that they appreciate me being their mom, it makes my heart burst with joy. I only have good thoughts for my children...oh wait God said something like that too...for God so loved the world...

...sometimes religion has misrepresented Gods love for us. The WTBTS did.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Starving Kenyan woman curses God, dies in her sleep Reuters, UK
    Jan. 26, 2006

www.alertnet.orgMore news articles on KenyaArticle Tools

ReligionNewsBlog.com • Item 13413 • Posted: 2006-01-28 16:28:40

Find People with the Same Faith
    Bringing people together for love and faith
    Read More...
    See this? Advertise here!

NAIROBI, Jan 26 (Reuters) - A starving Kenyan woman placed a powerful tribal curse on God, accusing him of sending famine, and died in her sleep, local newspapers said on Thursday.

The woman from eastern Kenya's drought-ravaged Kangundo district decided to invoke a dreaded oath from the Kamba community, famed for its potent witchcraft, media reports said.

"Whoever brought this famine, let him perish," the woman chanted, striking a cooking pot with a stick.

"She accomplished the feat at 10 a.m. and waited for the results, but God's wrath struck at night. She died peacefully in her sleep," the Kenya Times newspaper said.

Poor rains for three years running have left more than 3.5 million Kenyans on the edge of starvation, prompting President Mwai Kibaki to declare the drought a national disaster. http://www.religionnewsblog.com/13413

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit