I need to know

by cosmic 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cosmic
    cosmic

Shining One just did a thread on an article that supposedly shows the Bible was not fabricated. I didn't want to hijack his thread, so I started this one.

I'm getting old, I guess, and maybe Alzheimer's is starting in, but I have lost my vision, my understanding, my assurity if you will. But I need to know why, in even the teeny tiniest way, I owe God some sort of worship? Please, I know there must be bunches of still JW lurkers out there who can just come out with unqualified reasons right off the top of their heads. For those who help me out, please accept my appreciation in advance.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Because if you don't do what he says he'll fucking kill you!

• JH
    JH
    But I need to know why, in even the teeny tiniest way, I owe God some sort of worship

So that you can thank him for your Althimers disease and lost of vision.

I was just kidding.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    I owe God some sort of worship?

You are asking "why bother" or are you asking why people do worship?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

SOL thats just... bad..real bad.. true..but bad. LOL

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yep, to put it succinctly, if you do what God wants, your every desire will be fulfilled. That is, if you can figure out what God wants...ie: kill? or don't kill? Worship God? Or worship Jesus? Shun people who aren't as good as you aspire to be? Don't shun people for any reason? Show mercy to sinners? Don't show mercy to sinners because that's love in its plu-perfect form? Unconditional love? Conditional love? (BARF!)

If you DON'T do what God wants, no two ways about it, God'll kick yer butt! (ref: Kissing Hank's *ss)

Frannie

• Scully
    Scully
    But I need to know why, in even the teeny tiniest way, I owe God some sort of worship?

Because worship is the one thing God can't create, so he has to demand it. It would be meaningless for God to create a bunch of zombies whose sole purpose was to worship him. So he created humans with "free will" and gives them the "choice" to worship him or not. He wants you to WANT to worship him. But if you don't, he gets to destroy you, because apparently, you misused your "free will".

Clear as mud now?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    So he created humans with "free will" and gives them the "choice" to worship him or not. He wants you to WANT to worship him. But if you don't, he gets to destroy you, because apparently, you misused your "free will".

That God - He is such a kidder! Fun at parties, but you don't want to piss him off!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

lol. don't worry about rex, man. he's basically a JW who calls himself a born again. pardon if he's a baptist. but's it's all the same garbage. only dif is that rex is allowed to surf the internet now and find all sorts of fun xian things to post on ex JW forms. kind of like the ministry, but online. heh, ad hom? yeppers.

TS

• jgnat
    jgnat

OK, I'll throw in my two bits. I worship God by being grateful and living an abundant life. I remember what I was rescued from, and I don't want to forget.

http://www.barb-coolwaters.com/a001/howgreatthouart.html

I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder...then sings my soul....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit