What is now the most accurate Bible to buy??

by WingCommander 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Well the Koran is certainly more "accurate" than the NT regardless of the version, but beyond that the Kitab-Igan is fully authenticated.

carmel

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

All the Bibles are written by man. None are from God / Creator. Take your pick, mix it up, cross reference what you read, then you decide for your self. Don't let others decide for you. If you believe it to be inspired of God, then, that's your belief and no one can take that away from you.

I have done my own research and have concluded that all the so - called Holy books from all the nations are written by different groups and individuals who have their own agenders. That is fine for them, not for me. For me the book of creation / life, is all I need. In all things LOVE is key.Best wishes on your journey.

Blueblades

• justicehope
    justicehope

I agree with many of the other who stated that comparing several different translations will help you best gain the context and meaning of the verses. I very much enjoy using: The Life Application Bible, The Living Bible from Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. The one I use, uses Jehovah's name extensively in the Old Testment or Hebrew scriptures.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

I like the NAS, do yourself a favor and go to http://www.e-sword.net/ and download any Bible you want. Its a great program and its free. Except Bibles from the Lockman foundation.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Well the Koran is certainly more "accurate" than the NT regardless of the version, but beyond that the Kitab-Igan is fully authenticated.

carmel

I certainly hope you are joking, but just in case you have bought into the muslim lie, please post your sources.

I haven't had such a good belly laugh in years.

• jaredg
    jaredg

Jaredg, not sure if you were just kidding or not, but there are NO original scrolls extant. There is not a single original manuscript or even 1st generation copy of any of the Hebrew or Christian Greek scriptures available to us that were written by the original authors/writers/redactors.

-Eduardom

my lame attempt to be humorous. my point was that there is no 100% accurate translation available.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

In my studies, I try to use as many versions as I can. It's fun to compare and see the differences. I typically carry the NIV with me to church, but have about 4 other translations at home. I can't speak on it's accuracy, but one that I enjoy reading is The Message. It speaks in today's language and some things just really hit home to me with it...makes it more personal to me.

• Forscher
    Forscher

I've not really settled on a particular translation since all have some problems. I consult a number of different versions. I still make use of the NWT reference edition because I like some of the material in the footnotes. I also have a Vulgate, the Majority Text by Hodges and Farstad, and the Biblica Hebraica Stuttgartensia to round things out. I am looking for affordable copies of the Peshitta and Sahidic versions as well since I plan to do more work with Aramaic and Coptic (the recent posts on the John 1:1 and Rev. 3:14 moved me to start studying Coptic and I confirmed that the use of the indefinite article in Sahidic Goptic allows for a translation of John 1:1 consistent with that of the NWT, which is strange considering the anti-Arian fanaticism of the Egyption Popes of the era.).

Forscher

• truth about the last days
    truth about the last days

I concur with most of what is written on this site, to get as many translations as possable as cross reference them. I managed to get some off E-Bay as well as my local charity and antique shops. No translations today is accerate from the original writings. I found out about a month ago that King James was a Freemason, who perhaps intruduced the name of God as Jehovah instead of Yahweh when he did his translation from latin to olde english. The Freemasons uses the 1633 KJV as a part of their life and used the name Jehovah for hundreds of years as part of their ritules. So, we do not know of what changes he made when his translations were compleated.Many translations today are stems from his translation- including the NWT. (please check out all websites relating to Freemasons.) By using at least 10 different Bibles from different time periods, I found out another Bible prophecy that is recorded in 2 Thess 2- which has been greatly altered in the NWT- which we all are actually living in this prophecy today, and how greatly it affects the WT society, and how it is crumbling with numbers of brothers turning away from the faith. And it also tells us that the few remaining ones will be destroyed apon Jesus arrivial soon for being liers. I encourage all to read these passages in 2 Thess 2.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

You would not want to get the idea that the King James Version of the bible is without error.

(As an eighteen year old "pioneer", I remember getting drawn into debates with some who were quite rabid in their belief that the "James" translation was the only one to use).

For example, the KJV makes reference to a mythological animal, the unicorn.

See Isaiah 34:8, Psalm 92:10 and Psalm 22:21 - amongst many others.

(Incidentally, the King James Version translated the scriptures into what is now referred to as "Archaic English" of 400 years ago - not the "Olde English" of Geoffrey Chaucer's time, some 250 years before that).

As for King James 1st himself, he was referred to as the "Most Learned Fool in Christendom." Dearth of scholarship in the biblical languages may not necessarily be confined to the WTS!

Some of my observations anyway,

Jack.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit