CO says: Pioneers sad; Ok to hit

by doinmypart 26 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Here are some more notes from CO meeting with elders (I posted more notes a couple of months ago). Each visit the CO meets w/elders and discusses the latest policies from the Branch. These aren't verbatim. I couldn't write everything word-for-word because he was reading too fast.

Pioneers
    Trends are that pioneers are losing their joy and slowing down. High gas prices are also affecting pioneers; can you drive your car when working with pioneers? Questions to ask pioneers: How is your scedule working out? Do you enjoy pioneering?

Disruptive individuals at meetings
    A former JW coming to meeting can be admitted if he conducts himself properly. Ignore minor disturbances, if the person continues to cause disturbance ask him to leave or you will call police. Tell police the person's invitation has been revoked and may charge with trespassing, contact Legal Department. Do not touch the person. If a Witness is attacked the Witness may protect himself and the elders can assist. It is ok to defend oneself even striking out against a physically aggressive attacker.

• daystar
    daystar
    It is ok to defend oneself even striking out against a physically aggressive attacker.

*gasp!* What Would Jesus Do?!

In that sort of situation, shouldn't they just close their eyes, kneel and say "JehovahJehovahJehovahJehovahJehovahJehovahJehovahJehovahJehovahJehovah!"?

What happened to turning the other cheek?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Trends are that pioneers are losing their joy and slowing down.

So nice to have this confirmed for any who didn't notice the 15,000+ drop in Regular Pioneers last year, despite the reduced hour requirement. They have nothing hopeful to say to the people at the door.

Dozy says we have nothing better to offer people, and he's probably right. However, we don't pretend we have something better either. They do pretend to have hope to offer.

I'd rather have reality than false hope any day.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Questions to ask pioneers: How is your schedule working out? Do you enjoy pioneering?

Sure, but what are the elders supposed to do with the answers?

The WTS has already given elders explicit instruction to NEVER encourage anyone to stop pioneering.

• lawrence
    lawrence

The good news - the weapons training is going very well.

The bad news I'll be partaking at the memorial - let's see what happens!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Disruptive individuals at meetings
    A former JW coming to meeting can be admitted if he conducts himself properly. Ignore minor disturbances, if the person continues to cause disturbance ask him to leave or you will call police. Tell police the person's invitation has been revoked and may charge with trespassing, contact Legal Department. Do not touch the person. If a Witness is attacked the Witness may protect himself and the elders can assist. It is ok to defend oneself even striking out against a physically aggressive attacker.

They don't have to worry about most on this board.

We wouldn't dream of going back into their den.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Trends are that pioneers are losing their joy and slowing down.

The ones I knew never had any joy to begin with. How could they lose it now?

• willyloman
    willyloman

The twin takeaway messages appear to be:

1. Pioneers get discouraged because of high gas prices and a poor schedule, NOT for any intellectual reasons!

2. Former JWs are a sick, violent bunch of freaks who are notoriously unstable!

• luna2
    luna2
    Sure, but what are the elders supposed to do with the answers?

No kiddin', Elsewhere.

Elder: So, how you doin' Sister Righteous. Your pioneer schedule working out for you? Where's that sunny smile?

Sister R: Well, Brother Dumbass, I must admit that I'm having a hard time. No one seems to be interested in Jah's wonderful good news at all...and I'm struggling financially since I gave up my good job with full benefits in order to pioneer. I've had to eat Ramen noodles for dinner for the past month and I still can't make ends meet. The electric company is going to turn off the power in two days! ::sob::

Elder D: Ah, I see. Well, why don't we read a bunch of stupid, meaningless scriptures together after the meeting...and I'll be sure to suggest that the friends occassionally drive their vehicles when out in service with you. How's that sound?

Sister R: ::looks even more depressed:: Well, I suppose that would help a little. Really, though, brother, I'm seriously thinking about not pioneering any more and getting my old job back.

Elder D: Now, sis, as we know, all people who really love Jehooba wouldn't dream of cutting back in these, the possible last days of this system of things. Besides, it would look bad on our records to lose another pioneer. You wouldn't want that, would you? ::digs in his pocket and pulls out a buck:: Here you go, sis... that'll help, won't it? Maybe I'll see if my wife has any expired canned goods in the pantry that we could loan you. I'm sure she has some old dresses she could sell you cheap too. Why don't you see if you qualify for public aid on Monday? I think I have a list of local food banks and homeless shelters in my office, also...just 10 cents and I'll make you a photocopy.

See how Jah makes sure you are fed and clothed? Like the lilies in the field or the little sparrows...er...something like that. ::gives her a shove towards the seats:: Better find you seat there, sis. Wouldn't want to miss out on the song now, would we. I'm sure you feel much better after our little talk, right? Don't worry! I'm sure Jehoovah will bless you someday.

• gumby
    gumby

You just gotta watch you don't kick the guy in the nutsack in case he has a change of heart and wants to become a witness. If you kick em in the nutsack......he'll never get to become a servant in the congregation cuz his nuts are flat.....kinda like a pancake or sumthin I'm thinkin,.............................and never try and cut off his dinger either

"He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD".

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit