The fade...

by WLG 10 Replies latest jw friends

• WLG
    WLG

It is funny how the fade works...how easy it is to do. I remember when I lived back home, people always knew what I did and who with, but when I moved away they couldn't keep tabs on me anymore. I was kinda bad right before I left the area, so I assumed everyone just figured I left the organization. It was true but at the same time, no one really asked me or called to check on me. Maybe it's because the Org keeps everyone so busy they don't have time to think of such trivial things like how their family members are.

Last time I went back finally allowed me to let it go...they are all like nobody to me now, when I saw them, it was like seeing a bunch of people that I went to school with or something, not family.

It feels good to be free, I never thought I would get over the hurt of "family" not giving a sh*t...I guess now it's my turn.

Same for the truth...no emotion whatsoever about it. It's almost impossible to describe the peace of mind that comes with that.

Donnie

• damselfly
    damselfly

Hey! I've missed you!

It feels good to be free, I never thought I would get over the hurt of "family" not giving a sh*t...I guess now it's my turn.

It's a funny feeling at first to see family and not feel that bond to them isn't it? It's gotten to the point with me that I'm no longer recognizing cousins that I grew up with, I may as well be seeing them for the first time.

Same for the truth...no emotion whatsoever about it. It's almost impossible to describe the peace of mind that comes with that.

Happy thoughts. That's goal for the future, getting closer every day.

Dams

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Donnie Baby! I have missed you.

Glad to see you, and hope it keeps on getting better love.

Brookie

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Donnie...

Nice hearing from you!! Glad to hear things just keep getting better and better for you.... You deserve it!

Here's to your new found freedom!!!!

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Donnie, your avatar is the coolest!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Congratulations, Donnie! Way ta GO!!!

animated gifs DOIN' THA JDUBYA FADE...........

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

hey good on you!

I can understand why people need a sense of 'closure' by disassociating, but can also see why people no longer consider themselves under the control of JWs and don't give a smeg what they do in their little kangaroo courts. Most importantly, take things at your own pace, and look after yourself!

you deserve a great life now, so go and make it happen!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Great news WLG...And good to see you again!

• unique1
    unique1

Congrats.

• WLG
    WLG

It is interesting the stages we go through, isn't it? I remember being so passionate about getting people out when I first learned about The Lie, but I gave up a big part of my life for the time I was that way.

The good thing is I met a lot of great people who were in various stages of recovery and it helped me to see where I wanted to go with things. I don't even know how to describe the way I feel about it now, so most of the time I don't say anything, because it's so foreign even to me now. I guess I finally feel at home with myself...that's a good way to put it.

Looking back even on this post now there are so many "I's" in it, in the past everything would be rewritten because I thought it sounded selfish, and most of the time if speaking to someone who doesn't know everything it would be changed. But now I know it's ok for something to be about me for a little while, it was always about what everyone else thought I should do and be and think for so long...why not my own motives for a while?

It doesn't mean being selfish, but continuing to learn who I am...because I never really knew me before.

Donnie

Brookie...good to see you had a blast out in Vegas...but you broke the cardinal rule...no pictures allowed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit