The Watchtower logically prefers everyone that knows TTATT to disfellowship themselves

by enigma1863 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• enigma1863
    enigma1863
    Every active JW that stays in hiding their knowledge about TTATT is a hole in the Watchtower wall. I propose those who can stay in, should, especially if they have high positions. How else can we know what they are up to?
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    While I get what you're driving at, I suspect that there will always be enough people that are in the process of waking up so that we'll always have leaks for the near future. I can't imagine encouraging someone to be so selfless that they stay in a cult merely to inform others of the goings-on if they aren't otherwise stuck in for the time being. Additionally, I would struggle with the moral implications of providing tacit endorsement to the cult by the prolonged presence inside the cult. You never know what other person in the cult might be looking up to you thinking "well if it makes enough sense to him that he's staying, I guess I'll stay too."
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

I think this is a new era for that, I remember when I would have doubts in the past when I was in and doing as well as I could, it would be presented to me that if I didn't think it was gods org I should leave, suggesting that I shouldn't let them hold me back from being an immoral person.

So I always had that hanging over my head that to leave meant you really had to leave all the way, until this time in my life where I realized thats not necessary. I would love to leave all the way, but the cult will cut me off from my family, so this is an unfortunate problem with their cult control model in the information age. They want to DF, us TTATT folks can't fully leave then we'll weaken it from the inside out.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Not only that. If you were alone, I could see how you would take that as a humanitarian mission. But if you have family inside, it would be the worst suffering ever to watch your family follow along
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

I am not exaggerating when I say that we both feel anger/nauseous at what we are hearing and seeing, when we attend our once-in-a-while meeting for family appearances!

@ ONEEYEDJOE - We don't endorse anything by going once in a while - no participation, no donations, no field service, & no Ministry School. And NO association!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sometimes the best way to help our own situations is to not make too much of a fuss or draw too much attention.

Hence it is better to quietly fade rather than make a huge fuss pointing out TTATT

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I think when people in my new hall see "no participation, no donations, no field service, & no Ministry School. And NO association!" They are afraid of me, but then some see I'm not the devil and I am a happy kind person. I think there will be more of us as this org goes wacky, and others will see that you wont catch on fire if you check out of this crap. And its not my mission to stay in, just stuck. But plan on cutting meetings at some point.
  • helpmeout
    helpmeout

FreeMindFade :I think this is a new era for that, I remember when I would have doubts in the past when I was in and doing as well as I could, it would be presented to me that if I didn't think it was gods org I should leave, suggesting that I shouldn't let them hold me back from being an immoral person.

I agree with this statement. My wife says this to me all the time. But I insist that it is my decision if and when I leave. I will not be bullied into staying nor will I be bullied into leaving. No one should judge another on this because we all have our own set of circumstances. We are all victims and we need to take our time and decide what is best for us individually. Right now, I choose to stay and watch. My wife and mother and other family members are all in. I need to take my time and understand the dynamics involved and the consequences of any actions that I take. I feel more in control of my life than I ever have before. Knowing TTATT is freedom even if we choose to keep the cage door shut for the time being.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Although, I'm in the no service, donation, participation, kh cleaning, nor go to any 'special meetings' group, I don't see any point in making a hasty disassociation from the borg. My family is still in but I can see them weakening each passing month. I get to spread a little of ttatt nearly every week or meeting that I go to. Damn this is so much fun to know everything that goes on 'behind closed doors' so to speak. i love it when just last week an elder friend of mine started telling me about the 'elders only' meeting regarding the new kh building arrangement. Holy s**t, I knew more about it than he did and I let him know it in a round about way. Man it was fun!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I consider my type of publisher the most dangerous kind to the Org and the one they hate the most. They often refer to us as the "double life".

We can sit there, act like we're "spiritual" etc... but we don't follow the rules. We do as we please, watch what we want and slip stuff into conversations every now and then to make people think. Our conscience aren't bothered by all the stuff they spew out to try and make you feel bad and get in line.

Hence why you always hear that warning of living a double life, you're outside of their control but still on the inside if that makes sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit