Donation to "Locks of Love"

by whyamihere 15 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

My Daughter Lilyan qualified the minimum 10 inches required. I took pictures of her donating her hair. At first she was a little apprehensive, and terrified of getting her hair cut. However, I explained it would help someone that is sick. She gladly agreed upon hearing that.

After it was all done, she asked if I was proud.....and I am. She is much like her mother with the Charity work. I would like to get my children active in the community with certain charities like I have done as a teenager.(never cared what the JW's thought) I have always been very passionate about charities, and I hope my children will follow in my foot steps.

I am very proud. I know that she understands what she did.

Brooke

• Legolas
    Legolas

A beautiful girl and what a wonderful thing she has done!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

WOW!!!!

What a beautiful, brave, kind-hearted daughter you have!

It must have been really difficult for her to get her long hair cut all in one go especially if it took a long time to grow. I wasn't so brave, had to get mine shortened in two stages.

Please give her a big congratulations hug from me (((())))

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

You have a really sweet girl there Brooke.

She looks cute with short hair too!!!

luv, jojo

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Bless her. I hope my boy grows up to be such a sweet person. Your daughter is beautiful on the inside, and the outside.

(((Brooke))) ((((Lilyan))))

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

what a wonderful kid!

she's gorgeous! give her lotsa smooches!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

You are most definitely raising your beautiful daughter to be a beautiful person.

She deserves so much praise for doing this.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Thanks everyone. I am very proud of her.

I had shown and read Lily what everyone said. She smiled and said "I know"(as in she is beautiful) again she is too much like me. Lily did request a pic of Jack getting his hair cut as well. She picked these pics to show you.

Lily likes the crying one. (she laughs at it)

She just wanted you all to know Jack got his hair cut too.

Brooke

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Awwwww. Bless him!!!

That's even brought a tear to my eye! Another sweetie!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Please tell Lily what a wonderful sacrifice she made. I've seen the difference that these donations make to sick kids when I worked in oncology. It makes them feel as close to normal as possible. I've seen a little girl cry because "I feel SO pretty mom". Her parents cried so much. This is a gift that no parent, doctor, or nurse can give. It can make the difference in how a student performs at school, and in every part of their life!!

Please give Lily a big hug and kiss. What she did will affect someone for many years.

shelley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit