Is There Anything That Would Make You EVER Go Back?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

...."to the truth"?

• KW13
    KW13

No. Its wrong and evil (i say this not knowing what extreme circumstance could happen that i haven't thought of).

If i suppose the brothers decided to start the new order they had to cleanse the earth for God and twisted a scripture and found that because i wasnt a JW mum and stepdad were guilty of not 'raising me properly' or something and were due to be killed and judged on behalf of jahoover then i'd go down and kick ass!

Nah nothing can make me a jw

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

you mean like a dog returning to his own vomit?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hot naked elder chicks and a free beer counter where the mags used to be.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

I have considered this question as well, it seems to me that before I came here, even though I knew it wasn't the truth I would consider staying for my family and friends. But know that I've been here I don't feel that way at all. I have often wondered, why don't I have any doubts? It seems to me that people on here for the most part are 100% secure with their commitment to leave, but wouldn't it be natural to have doubts? I reminds me of a conversation I had with my dad and he said that Jebovah had removed the 'truth' from my heart. Well I'm grateful for that, but seriously, I think it is because once you see the amont of decption that they use and the amount of pain they have cause its like waking up from a bad dream. You would never again consider joining such a sham.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Nope, I'd rather eat dog poop.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I think that if they had a total shifting of their doctrine in the same manner as The Worldwide Church of God, I might consider it.

It won't happen though. The WT$ will continue to hemmorage people, and eventually die a slow & painful death

• undercover
    undercover
    Is there anything that would make you EVER go back "to the truth"?

Well, since it ain't the truth, there ain't nuthin to go back to...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

• A complete and full apology for all the lies and manipulation would draw some back... I am not sure I would go back.
    • A reversal of the shunning and fear tactics would make some go back... I am not sure I would though. A frank and open admission of the moral bankruptcy that was made clear with the UN, Bulgaria, Mexico, Malawi, Rand, would allow room for some to go back.... I don't think I would go so easily.
    • Allowing witnesses to think, reason, debate, dissent, might cause some to return.

Unfortunately, none of the above, nor all of the above would make it the 'truth'. It would however elevate the organization to the level of just another religion. In that case I might go on occasion. But I doubt it. The Watchtower did have one thing right though - Religion is a snare and a racket - they just didn't tell us who lead the pack.

Jeff

• morwen
    morwen

Hell NO!

Not even with my entire family telling me if I don't go back they will "informaly shun" me. It makes me so very sad that they see me as worse than a murderer etc.

But I'm not going to waste my life on something false.Life is to short & percious to be wasting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit