Which "Antivirus software" protects your computer?

by JH 11 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I use Antivir personal edition, and it's free.

http://www.free-av.com/

• JH
    JH

It detected this virus EXP/CVE-2006-1359 when I went on a site a few minutes ago.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I use Norton Antivirus, or rather dedpoet does, it's his pc

• serendipity
    serendipity

Zonealarm, adaware and spysweeper.

• stillajwexelder
  • Sad emo
    Sad emo

Norton - even though AOL hates it

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Avast! Also free.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Whatever is included with my cable ISP. It's called Charter Security Suite. When I went from dial-up to cable and ran the virus checker for the first time on another 'puter it found 2 viruses and a trojan that sneaked past Norton.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Norton Corporate Edition, my favorite. At work we use E-trust, which is probably this biggest in the corporate world..

• greendawn
    greendawn

I was using AVG but eventually got fed up with it because of the dull interface and because the updates wouldn't take effect until the next start of the computer. Also because the e mail scanner would go on for too long after it would get launched. So recently I switched to avast free edition.

I don't think viruses are that common if one exercises some care I only had one or two with AVG over 18 months.

Serendipity are you sure you are using an antiviral? Adaware and spy sweeper are anti spyware programs and zone alarm I think is just a firewall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit