Number of people joining and the significance

by Cabin in the woods 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Wow, I have never seen it this quiet. Must be with the weather clearing things are getting a bit more active for everyone.

I have a question... since I joined about 6 weeks or so ago I have noticed people joining almost every day for a while. Is that always the case or has things been much more active within the past few months. In other words do you think that the people are hearing the REAL truth and coming to these sites in greater numbers than ever before.

What is your opinion

Mary in the cabin

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

There are alwys new people joining - but this last six months has been particularly active

• Frog
    Frog

I've been off & on this board since late 01 & I'd say there've always been a steady flow of newbies joining. I think though that perhaps people are a little more net savvy than we used to be & are used to looking at the internet or anwers to almot everything.

The board seems to go in cycles though, but not everyone remains past getting the initial support & help they need to get through the worst of it. We're grateful to those longtimers who keep things alive here for the newbies that come along x

btw, it's lovely to meet ya :)) frog x

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I've been somewhat amazed at all the incoming newbies here lately. I've been posting here since early 03, starting under another pseudonym and I've never seen the board get this many newbies in such a short time. It's like watching a harvest begin and a piece of fruit lands here and there for a week or so and then everything starts coming out of the trees all of a sudden........

I think the information highway is doing the job.

Frannie

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Indeed, I have been on this board for exactly one month today and I am amazed at how many new people have signed up since I've come here. I'm a rare case I think, I joined the same day I found the form. But then again I was already planning on leaving the borg, but I had no one I could talk to about what was going on or how I felt because all my friends/family were JW's. I would imagine that most people that join don't stick around very long, but it doesn't matter, the fact is that the message is spreading fast. I can't express in words how grateful I am to have found this place, it has relieved all the anxiety I was feeling, even though I knew the teachings were wrong, I wasn't 100% covinced I was doing the right thing until I came here. If not for this place I may have felt depressed, with no where else to go and have eventually returned to the vomit that the borg offers. After coming here I know I will never return.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I joined the same day I found the forum too.. But after an inital flurry of posts I took a month or so off to digest it all! I was still reading, but didn't post at all.

I dont think it's a sign to be discouraged when people post just a little and move on. But now I'm enjoying reading and posting again. But am (and will be forever) grateful to people who have been around a while and always lend an intelligent word to a meaty post!

I can honestly say this website has been the turning factor in me having the courage to face up to what I believed, and not only me, but hopefully my two children and maybe in time other members of my family!

Poppy

• anewme
    anewme

Well the pressure is so great in the congregations now. So many are struggling and have been for so long.
    There is alot of depression and unhappiness and doubt. And now that the mags themselves are warning of internet sites, the congs are being informed where to go if they have questions. And many who post here have questions they dont feel comfortable approaching an elder about or anyone in their family.

It is a terrible situation they are in and very scary. I wish I had found this site when I first left the org. It might have spared me many many nights of sheer torture and tears and pain of heart and given me someone to talk to. The posters here for the most part are very kind and loving individuals who are sensitive to someone in pain and anguish.

Welcome one and all!

Anewme

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I joined in October, not long after I started viewing the forum, and shortly before I sent my da letter. I have nothing but praise for the board. and have very much appreciated all the support I have received.

I don't know how many have joined since I did. but it's been a lot, and it's great to see all of them, even the staunch jws who come in and entertain us all from time to time. Hopefully by being on here they might learn something of true value, not the constantly recycled bs they get fed at the kh.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I hope this site has

more new ones joining

the day I became active here I think I was one of six that day.

• Scully
    Scully

Here are some current statistics on JWD activity from big-boards.com:

Daily statistics for last month:

Weekly statistics since addition to big-boards database:

Traffic statistics:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit