As Ex JWs are we "All or Nothing"?

by Sirona 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

As Ex Jehovahs Witnesses, do you think we apply the "all or nothing" rule to non-jw things? Do you remember the Scriptures cited in Revelation regarding being "luke-warm" and being "spewed out of"..Jehovahs mouth? I realised recently that I do actually view things as "all or nothing". If its not 100% "worth it" - whatever that means - then I'm not *that* committed. What do you think? Sirona

• ballistic
    ballistic

Maybe. In some ways.

• minimus
    minimus

Religiously---I'm pooped out. No interest in anything.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Is a blank post "All or Nothing"? Could be all. Could be nothing. Could be both....Most profound

I will wait for elaboration before responding to the title question, however.

Hi, Sirona!

~Merry

• xjwms
    xjwms

I'm with minimus on this one

Religiously.....well done.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

And there it is, all filled in...just like magic.

Hmmm...I'm not sure. All or nothing in some areas, I suppose. Not so much in others.

~Merry

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've been an all or nothing person all my life, long before I ever was a JW. It has not been a good thing in my life. How do you change something like that?

W

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I was 100% for the wts when I was a jw, and look where it got me.

I am a little more cautious about some things I consider getting involved in now, but if they stand up to careful examination, I still give them my best shot.

• KW13
    KW13

Well if i was God (and i'm not, can i just clarify that along with the Eclipse revelation from the WBT) the thing that would make me sick the most is the WBT. They just twist everything in the book and add lies.

Lukewarm? These are crawling with bacteria.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'm definitely lukewarm about almost everything. It's just my personality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit