bethleham

• Clam
    Clam
    A JW wants to know where we go when we leave the society

Heaven!

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

LOL @ Clam

Seriously though, the JW reasoning is flawed. ; The Bible, when it poses that question, asks Lord, whom shall we go away to? ; You have sayings of everlasting life. (John 6:68) ; However, the WTS misleads JWs into asking "where" is there to go, other than the WTS.

Well put, we have had a number of different posts lately from people getting asked this standard question from JW's in various forms. Its always the same question though. The thing is that the WTS does not have a monoploy on teaching about Jesus. There are many other religions out there that also promise ever lasting life that don't change their doctrine weekly and lie to their members about all the mistakes they've made.

• trevor
    trevor

We don't go anywhere, instead of trying to go somewhere, we stay where we are and start to appreciate and enjoy what we have.

We see the value in all people regardless of whether they buy the Watchtower or Playboy.

We fully embrace the awesome reality of being a part of the dance of life and knowing that the only reality is the present.

• greendawn
    greendawn

You become part of the world in a way that is profitable to you and you derive benefit from it rather than be in an org that is for ever seeking to manipulate your feelings and exploit you.

You are free to be yourself and live out your life as you wish good or bad. To be fair with those that are fair and cunning with those that are cunning, at peace with some and at war with some others. They choose.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

We don't go anywhere, instead of trying to go somewhere, we stay where we are and start to appreciate and enjoy what we have.

Well said, I couldn't have put it any better myself.

People who abandon the jw lifestyle generally begin to discover what real life is all about.

• wanda
    wanda

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChristianWitnesses/ is a peaceful, fun and interesting fellowship

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Some of us went to Jesus. He is not synonymous with the Watchtower Society. As a matter of fact, there was no Watchtower Society in His day.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Seriously though, the JW reasoning is flawed. The Bible, when it poses that question, asks Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life. (John 6:68) However, the WTS misleads JWs into asking "where" is there to go, other than the WTS.

I agree with Scully, it's all part of the subtle brain-washing that we are like "sheep without a shepherd" wandering around aimlessly and miserable.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

We see the value in all people regardless of whether they buy the Watchtower or Playboy.

We fully embrace the awesome reality of being a part of the dance of life and knowing that the only reality is the present.

Amen to that. I would add, we go to enlightenment, real knowledge, and for me, a true sense of wonder at being alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit