My second act of personal expression.......

by freedomlover 40 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good for you freedomlover.

As an older fellow, not ancient mind you, but older, I have not gotten anything pieced or tattooed. But I have worn a few patriotic hats, and discuss politics and philosophy openly. I have embraced some gay folks as friends. I curse a little at times.

And oh - I visit apostate websites.

Ain't freedom great? Go!

Jeff

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

AWWW! AK-Jeff your still a "bad boy" apostate in my book! you crazy rebel!

freedom is great ain't it?!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Congratulations on leaving one fruity little belief for another and commemorating it with an indelible mark.
    (I know, I know, I'm a party pooper.)

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

no sweat Daniel p

it's not your thing, that's fine. besides, there has to be at least ONE party pooper ;)

BTW - my tattoo has deep meaning from my whole life, not just leaving the org.

• Odrade
    Odrade

so... when do we get to see it??? : )

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

freedomlover,

symbol for Goddess

how wicked is that?! good for you!! because you are a god(dess), and a tatoo is a fitting anthropological expression for such a sentiment, imo. i am going to get this big ape/demon face i drew tattooed on my back this spring. full back. i found an artist that digs it, and is technically adept enough to handle it. the tattoo parlour quoted me between 6 and 800 bucks for it. so, i am basically good to go pretty soon here! yeehaw! oh, and i am going to get a jailhouse style portrait of jesus with the thorny crown tattooed on one of my ass cheeks too. i had a revelation this weekend that i would love to have that one too. keep on rockin in the free world... ts

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

*i am going to get this big ape/demon face i drew tattooed on my back this spring. full back. i found an artist that digs it, and is technically adept enough to handle it. the tattoo parlour quoted me between 6 and 800 bucks for it. so, i am basically good to go pretty soon here! yeehaw! oh, and i am going to get a jailhouse style portrait of jesus with the thorny crown tattooed on one of my ass cheeks too. i had a revelation this weekend that i would love to have that one too.*

LOL!! I bet you had that revelation this weekend! maybe the apostle John was on the same stuff as you when he wrote Revelations! lol! ;)
    cool, though, what an awesome addition to your Jesus collection. BTW - NICE HAIR DUDE! LOL!!!!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Freedomlover,

I got my navel pierced back in the early 90's very soon after my DFing. It was back before it was cool to do. Only the bad girls did that back then. (And I cringe when I think of the place that pierced me! *shudder* ) I got a tattoo about 6 years ago that I love. It's a Japanese Kanji symbol that means "born again". Yes, I'm a Christian, but the meaning behind having a second chance at life was truly a spiritual (not religious) experience for me. This past summer I got my nostril pierced with a tiny diamond. Loved it! I took it out for an interview awhile back and couldn't get it back in. One of these days, I'll get it done again.

Congratulations for making your life YOURS!

Andi

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Cool tatt Andi!

that's what mine was about...spirituality. It has deep meaning for me in so many ways.

I want my nose done next also, but like you I need to be able to take it out sometimes so I have to plan on getting it done when I have enough time to let it heal. Did the nose hurt bad? My navel made me see stars for a few minutes, but I think I kind of like the pain on some level. I was pretty high on adrenaline after I had it done.....tatt also.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I want my nose done next also, but like you I need to be able to take it out sometimes so I have to plan on getting it done when I have enough time to let it heal. Did the nose hurt bad? My navel made me see stars for a few minutes, but I think I kind of like the pain on some level. I was pretty high on adrenaline after I had it done.....tatt also.

Not really. Maybe a pinch for a second. I really think my navel hurt worse. I got my nostril done, not my septum, which I hear is more painful. I would love to build more around my tatt, but will have to wait for the additional funds - in a few years. The day I took my nostril piercing out, was probably about 4 months after I'd had it pierced. I thought it was healed, but obviously not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit