My second act of personal expression.......

by freedomlover 40 Replies latest jw friends

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Howdy you guys -

I had a super great vacation this weekend in sunny CA. To celebrate such a huge change in my life this past year with leaving the org. and gaining new friends and family members back (non JW's) I got my first tattoo. I LOVE IT! I got the chinese symbol for Goddess on my upper right shoulder. I was going to post a pic but can't put them on my computer till I get home again. (if you PM me your email I can send you a pic from my phone.)

What an experience. I had my belly button pierced a few months ago and in my experience that was actually more painful and longer healing time than this tattoo. This tattoo had a lot of significance for me. I sat and meditated through the experience and promised myself that I will never let people abuse me again, or use me the way I've been used in the past. I will never let someone make me feel inferior or unloved. I will tell myself that I am a goddess and I am worthy of the greatest love and respect that a goddess deserves. This was a big personal thing for me and the experiences I've had in my life. I know a lot of it was the endorphins in my system afterwards, but I felt a huge release and sense of personal growth after that experience.

so, there you go, update number 2 on my personal expression. Stay tuned to see what's next....... ;)

love you all - freedomlover

• Brigid
    Brigid

Freedom Lover!!

Would love to see pics of the Goddess in any of Her glorious forms (Kwan Yin currently sits atop my alter).

I think you have my email addy.

Love and Light,

~Brigid

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Awesome! I have to find a way to sneak and get one. I have been asking my wife where she would want me to have one and what she would like it to be...maybe I will eventually wheedle it out of her?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• damselfly
    damselfly
    I sat and meditated through the experience and promised myself that I will never let people abuse me again, or use me the way I've been used in the past. I will never let someone make me feel inferior or unloved. I will tell myself that I am a goddess and I am worthy of the greatest love and respect that a goddess deserves.

Good for you! This is exactly what I do when going thru rough patches. It works wonders for me.

Can't wait to the pic when you post it. I think I need someone to design mine for me, I know what I want but I can't seem to find a a suitable picture. Well I guess I don't the money right now anyway so that's a moot point.

Dams

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I've often wondered about the Chinese letters though how do you KNOW that's what it says? Maybe he made the symbol for "whore" or something? I mean HOW would you know? That's my biggest concern with a tattoo right now! I would love to get one but what if you found out that the dude had tattooed "fat homo" on your back?

I'm serious how would you know?

• damselfly
    damselfly

If it's a good shop they have reference books on hand with the characters. I know they have these for the kanji symbols I'm sure they must exist for chinese as well.

I admit that's why I want a picture and not a word or symbol I can't read.

Dams

• greendawn
    greendawn

You are asserting yourself and that is a healthy sign that things have taken the right way. Building up a good social life is a crucial need and it's great that you are reconnecting well with family members.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

MKR-

yeah, I heard a funny story about a girl who tattooed the chinese symbols for "crazy diarrhea" on her lower back just as a joke for people who get symbols and don't know what they really mean.

I checked online at a few places to make sure the symbol was right, and then compared it to the books in some good tattoo places to confirm it. You just have to do a little homework....no biggy.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Okay, I'm gonna get flamed for this one, but here goes...

Why is it considered an act of "personal expression" to permanently alter your body with a tattoo, which is just participating in a fad that will fall by the wayside as surely as wigs (60s),white polyester disco outfits (70s), big hair (80s), and other unfortunate fads that I remember in my life span. With one big difference. All those other trends could be dumped and burned, but tattoos last for the rest of your life!

"Grandma, why do you have those funny marks on your ankle?"

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I agree, Captain Schmideo! Just because this custom has existed for over 3,000 years (although only adopted in the Western world in the early 1900s) is no reason to believe it will survive another 60 years. That is definitely something to consider.

[removing tongue from cheek]

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit