Were the Nephilim sterile? Did they have offspring?

by AuldSoul 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Scully
    Scully
    Were the Nephilim sterile?

That would explain why they were so cranky.

The Bible writers didn't know anything about genetics either - so anyone who had gigantism may have automatically been viewed as originating from the Nephilim. The traits would not be evident until at least later childhood when normal teenage growth spurts would have been vastly accelerated. If I remember correctly, wasn't Goliath reputed to be from the Nephilim as well? Also, IIRC the Bible reports him to have had 6 fingers on each hand, and six toes on each foot - obviously a genetic anomaly. Maybe it means that one of Noah's sons and daughters-in-law carried the traits for these genetic anomalies and Jehovahâ„¢ somehow missed it when he was wiping out all the earth's badness with the Flood. (Say it ain't so! )

Notice the medical features of gigantism (from eMedicine.com):

History: The presentation of patients with gigantism is usually dramatic, unlike the insidious onset of acromegaly in adults.

• Longitudinal growth acceleration secondary to GH excess is the cardinal clinical feature of gigantism.
    • Tumor mass may cause headaches, visual changes due to optic nerve compression, and hypopituitarism. [May explain why Goliath was unable to dodge the rocks David slung at him, moreso than Jehovahâ„¢ directing the stones to its ultimate target.]
    • A common finding in GH excess is hyperprolactinemia, which presents in childhood (67% in 1 study) because mammosomatotrophs are the most common type of GH-secreting cells involved in childhood gigantism. [I know guys would be especially cranky about having lactating breasts, especially when they appear to be so big and strong - but imagine the torture these people would have to endure in an age when people were ignorant of the causes and ascribed all abnormalities to demon possession or being cursed by God?]

Physical: All growth parameters are affected, although not necessarily symmetrically. Over time, GH excess is characterized by progressive cosmetic disfigurement and systemic organ manifestations. Physical manifestations include the following:

• Tall stature
    • Mild-to-moderate obesity (common)
    • Macrocephaly (may precede linear growth)
    • Soft-tissue hypertrophy
    • Exaggerated growth of the hands and feet with thick fingers and toes
    • Coarse facial features
    • Frontal bossing
    • Prognathism
    • Hyperhidrosis
    • Osteoarthritis (a late feature of GH excess)
    • Peripheral neuropathies (ie, carpel tunnel syndrome)
    • Cardiovascular disease (eg, cardiac hypertrophy, hypertension, left ventricular hypertrophy) if GH excess is prolonged
    • Benign tumors including uterine myomas, prostatic hypertrophy, colon polyps, and skin tags frequent in acromegaly, with documentation of overall prevalence of malignancies in patients with acromegaly remaining controversial [possibility of impaired reproductive function]
    • Frequently associated endocrinopathies including hypogonadism, diabetes and/or decreased glucose tolerance, and hyperprolactinemia [also indicative of impaired reproductive function]
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Well this is what I recently read about the "Neandrethals", from a myspace JW apologist guy who I think is actually referring to Nephilim. I'm sure it's all true. That is why I nominated it to be in the April issue of Fundies Say the Darndest Things.

I don't remember the WT saying Nephilim=Neandrethals or the flood occurred on Halloween.

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=10844429&groupID=101780453&adTopicID=23&Mytoken=1342916C-1109-6E70-BB9A9D0F0725039135916228

The children of the angels are the neanderthal (Genesis 6); We existed before them, they have larger brain cavities, stronger muscles, they were cannibalistic and very violent, their mtDNA demonstrates we did not or could not productively mate with them, nor did we 'evolve' from them. And pragmatically speaking we would have evolved to them because they were superior in every physical way. They all died off "some how" which is clearly explained by the flood;
    God destroyed the children of the angels on October 31, or November 1 by global flood. Hollows Eve, All saints day, and All souls day come from the original demonic commemoration of there children's death. "many of these customs predate Christianity, going back to Celtic practices associated with Nov. 1... Witches and other evil spirits were believed to roam the earth on this evening, playing tricks on human... Bonfires were lit, offerings were made of dainty foods and sweets, and people would disguise themselves as one of the roaming spirits, to avoid demonic persecution." - http://www.answers.com/halloween

(Genesis 7:11) "...in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on this day all the springs of the vast watery deep were broken open and the floodgates of the heavens were opened."
    "Second month." Following the Exodus from Egypt, when Jehovah gave the Israelites the sacred calendar, this became the eighth month, known as Bul, corresponding to the latter half of October and first half of November.
  • AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

[deleted]

• cosmic
    cosmic

I hope I am not hijacking this thread, if I am, please tell me and I will start another, but it's kinda on the subject. Did the Angels who materialized as human all materialize as males? If so why?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

That is the way Genesis tells it, and it was because of the beauty of the daughters of men. But I suppose there could have been some Sapphic interest as well...never considered it. Doubtful such a union would produce offspring.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• gumby
    gumby
    Mainstream religions don't believe that angels have sexual desires being immaterial, and that they came to earth to pick up women.

Greendawn, lets not forget it was a spirit (god), that impregnated Mary

How about the angels who came with the Lord to save Lot? Didn't the men of Sodom want to have sex with those angels and didn't Lot do all he could to STOP them? Were these angels without an anus? ( not to be crude)

How about the angels who ate the food Abraham and Sarai cooked for them? If those angels could eat, speak, walk, talk, they could have also had sex could they not? Were their penises missing but not their bowels and stomach? Cosmic...yes they were all men. The bible is about men because that's how the jews saw things. Try if you will to find one female in the bible who was a firstborn. Every single baby mentioned in the bible that was first out of moms birth chute was a male........strange ain't it? Eves first kids, Jacobs first 12 kids, noah's kids, Abrahams 2 boys, Isaccs kids..........shall I go on?

Gumby

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Were there really any Nephilim?

• gumby
    gumby
    Were there really any Nephilim?

Was there really a talking snake? Gumby

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

For those of you who are seriously intrerested in this topic I HIGHLY recommend this book

The Nephilim and the Pyramid of the Apocalypse

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1594678944/sr=8-2/qid=1143354168/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-7601747-0815337?%5Fencoding=UTF8 Here is a link to an audio interview with the author: http://www.kathleenkeating.com/heron041905.mp3 Lots of info given out here.

To briefly summarize: They were not sterile. They didn't all disappear at the flood. We may have not seen the last of them yet.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

If we in our imperfect condition know that snakes can not talk,why would someone in perfect condition think otherwise? Eve could have asked "why did you create me as a companion to him? Adam could have talked to these damn snakes".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit