Looking for a ?

by kel78 38 Replies latest jw friends

• wombat
    wombat

Bloody oath...the last time we had day light saving the cows wouldn't milk, the chooks wouldn't lay and the curtains faded.

Anyway our Premier reckons that the sun shines out of his bum and he's not getting up an hour earlier for anyone.

• Frog
    Frog

thanks for that Balli, whata gentleman you are!?!

• Frog
    Frog
    Bloody oath...the last time we had day light saving the cows wouldn't milk, the chooks wouldn't lay and the curtains faded.

yes Wombat, I was personally privi to that having grown up in Nth Qld country myself ;)

and of course yes dear ol Peter Beatie, he's done a great string of compassionate shots with cyclone Larry victims this past week...actually to be honest he does come across as being genuinely concerned, but perhaps more for the loss of the bananas...

• greendawn
    greendawn

Is there anything wrong with big noses? In fact I like girls with rather big noses because I find them more energetic, playful, imaginative, intelligent, and therefore more sexy. Give me one any time. Girls with small noses tend to be more flat personality wise, and more boring.

• wombat
    wombat

Frog...NQ or EffenQ ? (FNQ).

Yeah Premier Pete and Mr Howard learned a lesson from George W. about the public backlash from reacting slowly.

The devastation there is beyond belief. As Pete said tonight, the area affected is half the size of Tasmania - bigger than some European countries. Big rain forests wiped out.

It is bloody amazing that not one person was killed. They had a similar size cyclone there - exactly the same path - back in the 1800s and there were about 120 deaths. (This figure doesn't include aborigines. They weren't people then).

• Frog
    Frog

NQ wombat, more or less half way between Brisbane & Cairns, if that helps...

You really helped to put into context the extent of the devistation for me. We tend to only mainly hear about the human geography & inhabited places side of things.

Yes true about premier Beatie taking a lesson from the Mayor of New Orleans/president Bush, he'd have been daft not to have. Howard himself didn't waste much time in getting himself up there & coming up with relief packages.

• wombat
    wombat

Frog...Smith's (Criterion?) Hotel next to the bridge on the south side of the river always had good steaks. Stayed there a lot 35 years ago. The lady with the tea trolley who tapped on the door in the morning always gave me an extra arrowroot biscuit. Fond memories.

Further north the Orient Hotel was my favourite. Always had a good band.

I reckon I'll move back up that way one day. Could be some good real estate bargains in Innisfail soon. A lot of folk will have to leave. There will be no more crops for at least a year and that's the only industry.

But Tassie has absolutely the best real estate value in Australia and is one of the prettiest places.

I wonder if kel75 has got himself a girl yet? Where the bloody hell are you Kel ? Come back for a chat.

• Frog
    Frog
    Where the bloody hell are you Kel ?

lol Wombat, now we've digressed back to that hideous advert campaign!

• Frog
    Frog

btw Wombat, it seems you're definitely on the right track re my hometown heritage...

no doubt there will be some rather cutprice realestate in Inisfail coming up soon...how do you feel about growing bananas? I think it's be pretty unlucky for a cyclone to wipe out the region again any time soon, although you never know with the crazy weather patterns we're having.

Tassie as you mention is divine, and yes so I hear has the cheapest realestate going. I've only been here just over a year myself, but love the climate & the outdoorsy lifestyle :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit