My Sincere Apology and Condolences...

by AGuest 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LDH
    LDH

Simon,

What I'm referring to is the violation of forum rules, and how/to whom they're selectively applied. Not "one act" vs. "another."

Quite frankly, since I don't read, post, or care, most 'biblical threads' I don't read most of Shel's posts, and had no idea a PM had been posted until the issue was carried onto this thread.

Shelby and I spoke in the previous part of last week, prior to the James Thomas nonsense. When she and I spoke, one of the things we talked about was the importance of apologies, who should give them etc. So when I saw a thread entitled "my apology" I clicked on it to see it it was a continuation or refinement of our converstion. It was. Even you mention that you don't know what all the nonsense about posting a PM was about!

So, in the interest of brevity let me break it down:

• ALMOST ALL of us break the forum rules from time to time, self included.
    • If you swear, you have broken the forum rules
    • If you have insulted, used threatening or provoking language or incited hatred on the basis of religion, you have broken the rules. (Look out Danny Hazard, LOL!)
    • If you have posted a nude picture (even of Uncle Bruce) you have broken the rules ( I thought you looked stunning, UB.)
    • Advertising, and I quote, "you can mention commercial non-relevant websites" Wasn't it just a week or so ago we had a "what's your favorite online store?" thread
    • Posting an off topic comment --who here hasn't done this? We have some world class thread hi-jackers.
    Forums may be moderated to make sure they stay friendly and welcoming, legal and relevant. We reserve the right to edit or delete posts at own discretion and without notice, which we consider to be unacceptable. If you repeatedly break these guidelines, you may be prevented from posting

This seems to me to be the crux of the issue. The thread "James Thomas" should have been deleted, and locked and disappeared into oblivion, instead of using it as a soap box about HIPAA and the Graham Leachman Bliley Privacy Act.

All of this other posturing is minutia and drivel. This is the internet, after all.

Lisa

• Simon
    Simon

LDH

If you want to start quoting rules etc then I recommend you have a look at the terms of use. If there is anything you are unhappy with your sole remedy is to stop using the site.

Also, note #12 from the posting guidelines:

• Annoying the forum owner
      If you have a query or a complaint then send a personal message or email. This is my site and I can say or do what I want and don't need lectures from anyone who doesn't like it. If you don't like this then don't use the site.

End of discussion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit