any here ever use their credit card on ebay?

by orbison11 13 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

greetings have any of you ever used your card on ebay? were you concerned with security? i am considering doing it but am a bit worried bout security. thanks orbi

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I wouldn't worry about it. Any unauthorized purchases can be reversed by your credit card company. I'd say its as safe as using your credit card anywhere else on the internet.

• Highlander
    Highlander

use my card all the time. not a single problem.

• orbison11
    orbison11

ok great, next question

are you ever dissatisfied with your purchase on ebay?

thanks

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

not yet. actually I have come across awesome sellers. One was a witness! ;-)

I've sold stuff as well.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I've bought and sold plenty on eBay, and only had one bad experience. Just make sure the person you are buying from is in the 95% positive satisfaction range and has been a seller for a little while and you'll be fine.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Do you mean using your credit card through pay-pal? If so, I've done it many times and I've never had a problem. There was someone(a business) that said I could pay them directly with a credit card, I sent them a money order.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I'm old fashioned and would never use a credit card on the net unless it was a special account with a balance of $100 - $200.

At first I baulked at using Paypay but it is very good and so easy to transfer money (you can buy and sell without going to the bank or post office for postal orders (postal orders are very popular in Australia).

Another advantage of a paypal account is that a ot of the recordkeeping is done for you, a bit like amex (bookeeping can be a nightmare if you're buying and selling a lot). Also it feels great to have this little pot of money in there to buy whatever takes your fancy.

cheers, unclebruce.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi, I work with the internet and using you credit card on the internet is safer than giving it to a waiter, or a petrol station. There is always a slight risk with credit cards no matter how used just as there is risk holding cash or putting it in a bank, but nothing to worry about.

I have never had any troubles with ebay, but I mostly buy new stuff.

• snarf
    snarf

I have used mine several times through paypal, never one problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit