Circuit Overseers Are On a Pledge Drive

by Severus 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cosmic
    cosmic

Please, dont tell me these aholes are gonna interrupt NOVA for money too?

• sf
    sf

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Sick! Just sick! I can already hear my elderly mother laying her hand on dad's arm and saying, "If those poor people can put money in the box, so can we!" In goes the Social Security money. Arrrrgh!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I saw it last week at the CO visit - quite good actually - and believe it or not - they do not beg for money - they THANK the brothers for the contributions that made it all possible - my respect for the society went up about 100% for that

• TMS
    TMS

"Yes I saw it last week at the CO visit - quite good actually - and believe it or not - they do not beg for money - they THANK the brothers for the contributions that made it all possible - my respect for the society went up about 100% for that" A subtle pitch, but a pitch nonetheless. . . .

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The video/DVD plays on the emotions- it shows a kingdom hall in Africa which is literally planks and a galv roof - and when it rains all the brothers get wet - then it shows a brand new hall being built - and all the brothers thanking us for all our contributions - but at least they are thanking and not begging for more

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'd bet money that the new kh's have a new mortgage with the wtbs and have to repay everything that international donations made possible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

i'd bet money that the new kh's have a new mortgage with the wtbs and have to repay everything that international donations made possible Allegedly no according to the DVD - apparently, the money they get in donations is supposed to be used for maintenance -so quote "The investment is not wasted"

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

really? i hope thats true.. i'd hate to think the WTBS would pick the bones of the very very poor.

• blondie
    blondie

So many congregations in the US, Canada, Australia, etc., are fairly new or remodeled and the rank and file have money still to "give" but aren't giving.

I can remember when one congregation paid off their loan, the elders announced that and the donations took a nosedive. Without something specific, the rank and file felt they could stop giving...not thinking that they could give more to the worldwide work, hahaha.

I can see this as a scam from the WTS to deal with this trend. I can remember complaints that local congregations were remodeling KHs that were more than adequate while people in Africa sat on logs and had meetings in grass huts.

Well, this is their answer to channeling that money into the "right place." After all, the end is near, why should JWs be saving for retirement, give it to the WTS.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit