British Museum Exhibits -

by Dr Jekyll 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bebu
    bebu

This are very interesting photos. I think some of the various ex-dub sites would be interested in this. Most folks don't know that this exhibit exists and that it destroys the WT doctrine of 607.

I think it would be funny to see the photo that the WTS published in Insight into the Scriptures. Scan, anyone?

bebu

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Just some more background info should anyone want to go see these items for themselves

The Cuneiform tablet with part of the Babylonian Chronicle:

alt

This can be found in Room 55, Which is on the left hand side on the first floor at the rear of the museum as you go in. All the display cases are marked with a small number etched into the glass and this item is in case no15 and is item number 24.

The lachish Letters:

alt

These are just one room away from the above Item, in room 57 in case no10. This display board giving the chronology of that area as seen above in the original thread can also be seen in room 57

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Great pics, Dr J!

Interestingly Enough some idiot at the WTBTS graphic design dept has not only got the tablet upside down but back to front, so the text reads the wrong way.

No, I don't think they made a mistake. The chronicle is written on both sides. Your pic shows the front, but the Insight book (II, p.236) shows the reverse and it's the right way up. It has to be flipped like the page of a spiral notebook.

Anyway, there are pics of both sides of the chronicle here, if you want to check:

http://www.georgefox.edu/academics/seminary/courses/bst550/reports/DStahlnecker/BM21946.html

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Thank you for that Dr. Jekyll!!!

IC

• Lady Liberty
  • SirNose586
    SirNose586

Good looking out, Dr. Jekyll! Great find.

• Lady Liberty
  • pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Fine work doc going to save that

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

btt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit