Anyone heard these and know where to download them?

by Jodo 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jodo
    Jodo

http://www.watchtower.cc/internet.htm

The first paragraph on the page:

"A number of publishers have telephoned the branch office regarding certain recordings of Kingdom songs sung in a popular style that are presently being circulated among Jehovah's Witnesses. They wonder if these recordings have the organization's approval. We are aware of these recordings and would like to inform you that they do not have our approval. Please do not circulate or download these recordings from the Internet. We trust this information will clarify matters."

LOL, these sound cringingly funny, anyone heard them?

• Nina
    Nina

Limewire has the Prince version of song 15 and the "Celine Dion/George Benson" version of some other song. Do a search for "Kingdom Melodies".

Nina

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I would love to hear a KISS version of "We watch how we walk".

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

I heard them at a JW wedding once. This was a few years before the "warning" came out about them. I believe they were arranged by some brothers in Germany (???). They were actually pretty cool for Kingdom Melodies, God knows you can't have any cool sounding Kingdom Melodies. Any sort of creativity in worship is abviously offensive to Jehovah. I could have got a copy from friends before the "warning", not now though.

• LDH
    LDH
    We are aware of these recordings and would like to inform you that they do not have our approval. Please do not circulate or download these recordings from the Internet. We trust this information will clarify matters."

LOL Hilarious.

Cringingly funny. Capital bit of humor.

I must download this. Oh wait, I was asked not to.

• bennyk
    bennyk

A number of publishers have telephoned me, bennyk, regarding certain false doctrines that are presently being circulated among Jehovah's Witnesses. They wonder if these teachings have my approval. I am aware of these teachings and would like to inform you that they do not have my approval. Please do not circulate these false doctrines from the Watchtower. We trust this information will clarify matters.

• greendawn
    greendawn

"They wonder if these recordings have the organization's approval."

That is the typical dependant slavish mentality of the JWs, having to ask the org for approval about so many trivial issues.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

A woman in the cong I was at had friends in Bethel and they had passed along a cassette copy to her.

It really wasn't all that bad.

meagan

• ballistic
    ballistic

Anyone heard of Weird Al Yankovic? I wish he did some kingdom songs. Something like "Keep Your Eyes Off My Flies"

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I haven't heard them, but wouldn't mind hearing them. I could put a tape on my car stereo and sit outside the kh on sunday afternoon playing them at full blast.

They do sound amusing in a sick sort of way. It's no surprise that the branch office don't approve, we can't have the r & f enjoying themselves, now can we?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit