Bee silly but not stupid

by BlessedStar 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Howdy all.

It's amazing how modernized the world is now.

I'm wondering if any of you people think that computerized and new technology is taking away the fun of natural life?

eg 1. Children are behind computers games more than playing in the park

2. Do you still have picnics?

Blessed Star

• luna2
    luna2

I don't know about observation #1 as I don't have young children any more. I assume it varies from family to family as to how much time kids are allowed to spend watching TV and playing on the computer.

As for picnics...no, I don't go on picnics any more. I don't really enjoy eating warm potato salad, melting jello and sandwiches in the hot summer sun with the ants and flies. When I was a kid, it was fun because I didn't care about bugs and I didn't have to do anything but wait to be handed a plate. These days it would be up to me to prepare all the food, wrap it up, pack it in a cooler and haul it around. I'd rather find a nice outdoor café for lunch than fool around with all of that.

• daystar
    daystar

What is your motivation for posing the question? What is your point?

Are you a technophobe? A luddite? I will bet I'm close.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

These days it would be up to me to prepare all the food, wrap it up, pack it in a cooler and haul it around. I'd rather find a nice outdoor café for lunch than fool around with all of that.

Actually most picnic areas have eating/refreshment places and washrooms.

BlessedStar

• daystar
    daystar
    Actually most picnic areas have eating/refreshment places

I think you're taking your own experience and are transferring that to everyone else. In my area, this is most certainly not the case.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Are you a technophobe? A luddite? I will bet I'm close

Please explain. Thanks.

BlessedStar

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Unfortunately, the bees are a problem for such picnics. I remember one the other year which it seemed we attracted a mini-swarm of bees.

• luna2
    luna2

Ah yes, I forgot about bees...and in some places you have to worry about horse flies or fire ants too. LOL I'm such a baby!

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Nature is overrated and most of humanity is too stupid for me to want to interact with them in person anyway... so there.

• damselfly
    damselfly

It's amazing how modernized the world is now.

Yes it is. Especially the medical advances that have improved our standard of living.

I'm wondering if any of you people think that computerized and new technology is taking away the fun of natural life?

Erm, no not really.

eg 1. Children are behind computers games more than playing in the park

I disagree, for some families sure that may be an issue, but not for all. The rate of organized sports for children and enrollment in them is increasing isn't it? It is in my area.

2. Do you still have picnics?

I eat outdoors all summer long, as long as the weather isn't bad I'll be outside.

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit