mother and sister in law ask if we believe it's the 'truth'?

by Victorian sky 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• LDH
    LDH
    anyone comes to church they should be treated with love while there at church, and if not associated with outside of it so be it. that i could see jesus condoneing a little bit, or something simular because bad association can spoil good habits and all. but not breaking up families and no contact at all.

Well put primitive.

VS, the only reason they don't understand what you said is because they have had normal family 'love' replaced by out-of-context scriptures and fear of displeasing the Almighty. You were right in what you said.

Lisa

• cosmic
    cosmic

Just from my own personal experience, so take this with a grain of salt. (end of disclaimer) You are feeling pain because you care and because you love people who are going to be hurt by the wholly ignorant attitude of those others. In truth, they are probably feeling as much hurt as you; however, they beieve that all the hurt is a "good" thing because it is proof of THEIR sacrifice. Jesus warned that he was going to split up families, and in their very washed brains, what they are doing to you "proves" that Jesus is on THEIR side. Plus, they get to go to the KH and piss and moan to everyone their about how Satan has snatched you away and blah, blah, blah, and they will get some sympathetic attention. Somewhere in the back of mind I remember hearing about how "love never fails", and I have grown to truely believe that. But love is more than words and momentary emotions, (to rip off W. Churchill) "it is the long, slow, pull over time." Right now, I would bet even money that, over time, these people will come to their senses and realize what hokum they have fallen for. Dimembered is right, if you two just keep on doing what you feel is right, you'll get thru this much easier. And it may not happen right away, in fact, it might take years, but at some point down the road those two will admit a respect for you, which will be the road back.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    My sister-in-law was furious, she didn't say much except that our family ties may be severed, I said why would you allow a religion to dictate to you how to treat your family? We then got into the whole d'fing 'arrangement'. Mom said it's loving. I told her it's one of the most cruel, ruthless, unloving things about JWs. She quoted the usual verses, I said, I don't know what they mean but I know that the words disfellowship, disassociate and judicial committee don't appear in the bible at all nor is there a record of Jesus df'ing or shunning anyone. They didn't have a reply for that. We then asked them if the Bible told them one thing and the watchtower told them something else which would they obey? They couldn't answer the question!

The Jehovah's Witnesses are a destructive, deceived, manipulated cult that is far removed from Christianity and Jesus:

Then the scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught in adultery, making her stand in the center.

“Teacher,” they said to Him, “this woman was caught in the act of committing adultery. In the law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do You say?” They asked this to trap Him, in order that they might have evidence to accuse Him.

Jesus stooped down and started writing on the ground with His finger. When they persisted in questioning Him, He stood up and said to them, “The one without sin among you should be the first to throw a stone at her.”

Then He stooped down again and continued writing on the ground. When they heard this, they left one by one, starting with the older men. Only He was left, with the woman in the center. When Jesus stood up, He said to her, “ Woman , where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

“No one, Lord,” she answered.

“Neither do I condemn you,” said Jesus. “Go, and from now on do not sin any more.”

Then Jesus spoke to them again: “I am the light of the world. Anyone who follows Me will never walk in the darkness but will have the light of life.” John 8:3-12

• greendawn
    greendawn

The JWs are very trigger happy in expelling and shunning ex members but the early Christian Church would only excommunicate members for a small number of serious misdeeds such as murder or adultery, and even then it is doubtful whether they totally shunned them they rather reduced contact to a minimum so that they wouldn't get swallowed up by grief. The JWs will expel as happily one that celebrated a birthday as one that committed adultery. To them they are both worthy of death at armageddon!!!

• metatron
    metatron

Disproof in one sentence:

If they don't have love, they don't have the "truth"

metatron

• gumby
    gumby
    In a nut shell, they accused us of being apostates, of disassociating ourselves (even though we'd never write a letter or sit before a JC, no longer bound by their rules)

Watchtower April 1, 1920, pp.100, 101

"We would not refuse to treat one as a brother because he did not believe the Society is the Lord'channel. If others see it in a different way, that is their privilege. There should be full liberty of conscience".

So Sorry to hear about your situation. It would be so nice if the above were still true today, but sadly you two are among literally thousands suffering the same situation. Your feelings being shared bring back grim reminders.

Hugs to both of you,

Gumby

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

oh check it out. from 6 am monday morning....... till 1:30 pm wed, not a word. i called them 8 or 9 times to see if they were close to home so i would know they made it. wasnt trying to pressure them or anything cause thats up to them if they wanna choose a publishing company over their first born lol.

I FINALLY get a phone call, now i know they hung up on me cause when i would call it would ring and ring then go to voice mail........ then other times instantly like when you hang up on someone. excuse is............ oh it was storming, phone wasnt working properly, bad reception in the valley. k i aint gonna jump ass over that...... but none of that affects the land line at their house duhhh. i did answer with a "well im glad to finally know you guys made it home safely" but i aint the type to come down on them for it. i was giving them time to adjust to the fact i aint ever going back and that i worship god AND jesus now.

got a bunch of excuses straight out of the gate, all of which i know are not true. at the end of the call i got the distinct feeling that will be the last phone conversation for quite a while.

hey unlike some religions i give people the benefit of the doubt, and im not ashamed of my relationship with god. I was ashamed to preach about him as a dubass but I have no such feelings about saying things about him now. i always felt bad because it was like im force feeding the wt and a mags to people. now i dont feel that way when the conversation turns to god. when they asked about why im doing nothing about the truth.... i gave them a way out. they insisted and........... wow im not ashamed of god so there is nothing that can make me hold that back. hundreds of thousands of people go through this regularly, guess its just my turn.

i am glad she called, and i know time will tell how they will view me and the wife. kinda funny her dub fam thinks i turned her away and mine think she's the devil hahahahah.

its kinda a relief........ hell maybe i should post my real pic up since im outta the dub closet. haha kinda feel free to be myself......... something you can never be as a dub.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Victorian Sky and Primitive Genius,

Your story feels all too familiar. We too have been "going at it" with my husbands family and my Grandmother - its the same comments, the same emotions. But, the fact that they said they would do some research is a open door to discuss this again. I don't know if you have gotten a chance to read my "story" (its really not that long) but it might give you hope. You NEVER know what may wake them up! Anyone who knows my husband and I, would tell you they NEVER EVER thought we would be "on the other side". But it was my research to try and help my parents, not unlike what your family will do, to try and help you most likely, that got my husband and I to question things. If you have a minute, please read my post. It is under Friends, page 3293 the 7th one down under,"It's High Time I Introduced Myself". It may give you an idea of where to have them start their research. (Just my 2 cents.)

Our hearts go out to you. Remember, your not alone MANY of us are going through this identical thing right now as well! Hang in there!

L.L.

• Mary
    Mary
    We then asked them if the Bible told them one thing and the watchtower told them something else which would they obey? They couldn't answer the question!

Exactly, and that's a scary thing. As Witnesses, we were brainwashed into thinking that there was no fundamental difference between what the bible says and what the Organization says.....when someone makes you stop and THINK for a moment, it can be quite terrifying.

Give them time. To them, your decision not only affects you, but it affects their entire way of life. They have to ask themselves if they're going to be loyal to the Borganization or their family.....unfortunately, alot of times, the family loses out thanks to the screwed up rules of this stupid religion.......

Keep us posted.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

thank you, everyone, for your kind words of support, very encouraging. We're determined to be ourselves and to help any JW leave the org especially our families. The best 'sermon' would be to lead a good life and to be happy, they just don't see how that's possible without their precious screwed up religion. I'm praying for a loving resolution, especially for primitive since I don't want him to lose them, but it's their choice. We have faith that God will work all things out for our good and theirs. Thanks again!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit