Did Satan lie?

by moomanchu 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

One other thing that we need to know is that God uses symbology in His word.

BlessedStar

• jstalin
    jstalin
    One other thing that we need to know is that God uses symbology in His word.

Of course, because as an all-powerful being, he is unable to plainly state what he means. Instead, he talks in riddles which can be interpreted multiple ways.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Satan was in the garden of Eden. In Ezekiel 28:1-19 it talks about Satan before and after his fall. Satan works by using lies and twisting God's word to suit his needs.

Blessedstar

• jstalin
    jstalin

What did he lie about in the garden of eden?

• google_mE
    google_mE
    Revelation was written thousands of years later. How does that relate to the original story as it was written? How is that the writer of Revelation, a man locked in a prison recording his hallucinations, knows beyond his own imagination that the serpent was Satan?

Because the same applies to the book of Genesis and it seems you have no problem believing the writings of Genesis. Moses wrote it thousands of years after the events actually happened. He was a man in a wilderness writing about the creation of life. Why would you believe one unbelievable story and then deny another ?

I guess I should first ask, do you believe that Genesis was inspired by God ? Or do you believe that only certain books of the Bible are believable ?

-mE

• startingover
    startingover

These threads always seem to die the same way, with a logical question being asked and the xian ignoring it.

• undercover
    undercover
    Because the same applies to the book of Genesis and it seems you have no problem believing the writings of Genesis. Moses wrote it thousands of years after the events actually happened. He was a man in a wilderness writing about the creation of life. Why would you believe one unbelievable story and then deny another ?

I guess I should first ask, do you believe that Genesis was inspired by God ? Or do you believe that only certain books of the Bible are believable ?

Actually I don't believe any of it. It's all bunk.

It's not about belief in the book of Genesis, it's about dissecting the story as it has been accepted by Christians for centuries and their ideals associated with it. By dissecting the A&E story as it is written, without any other influence, whether from later Bible writings or outside ideas or material, it shows that most people's knowledge of what happened in the Garden of Eden is influenced by their religion/faith and not by what is actually written, whether it's by God, Moses or J. D. Salinger.

When presented with the logic and reasoning that their long held beliefs are in error "Christians" resort to quoting the mythology as recorded later by other writers or worse, the ramblings of their church leaders and their long held "doctrines" used to explain the inconsistencies away.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

These threads always seem to die the same way, with a logical question being asked and the xian ignoring it. I wouldn't really say that. The christian, I presume you mean, does not ignore the questions. Sometime the questions are unbelievable and requires thought on how to bring it across to none christians. The reason being the non-christians don't care to understand the answer when it is given. blessedstar

• startingover
    startingover

BlessedStar

How about this question:

What did he lie about in the garden of eden?
    You said: "Sometime the questions are unbelievable and requires thought on how to bring it across to none christians. The reason being the non-christians don't care to understand the answer when it is given." The issue is that non-xians don't care to understand, it's that reading the text without adding in a bunch of suppositions does not warrant undersatnding in a logical manner. Can you answer the above question?
  • Robdar
    Robdar

If Adam and Eve really did exist (I don't believe they did) and Satan said to them "Ye shall not surely die", then yes, he did lie. They died didnt they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit