Just got a knock at the door...yup you guessed it

by Lady Liberty 29 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat

They would rather keep the LIE of 607 than keep you as a member of the cong. So much love for one another!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hi stillAwitness,

Yesterday I posted my first post, my "story". In it you will see what I was refering to when I speak of the 5 weeks. It is under "friends", entitled "It's high time I introduce myself". If you cannot find it just look me up as a member and find it there. Hope to hear more from you.

Thanks,

Lady Liberty

• wednesday
    wednesday

I was born mid 50's and raised in org, thrid generation, (you know that is sort of a badge of honor among the jws) .I knew a very long time ago that nothing is private. I do remember my inital shock at finding out any letter you write to WTS goes straight to your BOE. I found that out in my teens. Oddly, I just accepted it then, sort of like the young people who stand on street corners and sell flowers for their church (moonies?) I was used to the org having something to say about every aspect of our life. Before I left I knew thre was no one who could be trusted, not even ones own family.You are so lucky to have your family with you.

• deneranys
    deneranys

When I left I blocked my friends' emails, changed my phone number, and refused to talk to any witness until I had time to think about what was and was not true, but my sister is having some fun times with the elders.
    She and my brother in law are trying to just fade away. At first they ignored the elder's when they knocked on the door. But one time my brother in law opened the door and asked the elders a bunch of questions, and of course didn't get any good answers.
    TWICE my sister has found an elder peeking in her living room window (He didn't knock first, and it was dark.), I imagine trying to see something to disfellowship them for. Then they tried to get my brother-in-law's dad to "go along" so that they could get in the door...but that didn't work, either.
    Yet, every time my sister sees the elders in the grocery stores, they completely ignore her.

• garybuss
    garybuss

"Note: Reports have been received where elders have revealed confidential matters to their wives or others in the congregation." (Pay Attention 1977 p.65)

"Sadly, in recent times it has been necessary to disfellowship tens of thousands of unrepentant wrongdoers each year. Prominent elders have been included among them." (Proclaimers, WTBTS 1993, p. 187)

• rekless
    rekless

Oddly, I just accepted it then, sort of like the young people who stand on street corners and sell flowers for their church (moonies?)

Don't forget the poor JW that stands on the street corner and tries to sell the WTBTS's stuff.

• Plummet
    Plummet

Oddly, I just accepted it then, sort of like the young people who stand on street corners and sell flowers for their church (moonies?)

Don't forget the poor JW that stands on the street corner and tries to sell the WTBTS's stuff.

(loonies?)

• delilah
    delilah

Since when was there confidentiality among brothers/sisters????

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

There are no secrets at the KH. Everybody knows everything about everybody elses business.

It makes me sick. They say they are so loving, but is it loving and compassionate to gossip and tell lies about people.

I would write a letter or call on the telephone to Brooklyn and tell them the situation. Maybe a CO will come in and make all their panties get into a bunch for their behavior. Give a nice talk about gossip....and then 20 minutes after the meeting they'll be back to gossipping again!

I'd ask them to stay away because they violated your privacy and you cannot trust them.

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I would write a letter or call on the telephone to Brooklyn and tell them the situation. Maybe a CO will come in and make all their panties get into a bunch for their behavior. Give a nice talk about gossip....and then 20 minutes after the meeting they'll be back to gossipping again!

Well when the elders came for the second visit, I told them how hurtful it was, and how serious slandering someones good name was. My dad told me, " To try and stop gossip (true or false) is like trying to stop a ringing bell!" How true! I expressed my disgust for the lack of love displayed by my so called "brothers" who are so willing to jump on the "slander" band wagon. They said the only way to prove all the gossip wrong is to "come back to meetings." I said," Right! And now that we have a 'apostate label' who will want to associate with us??" They said, " Oh, it will be hard at first, but in time people will see by your regular meeting attendace, and feild service that the rumors must have been false." I replyed," So because we have legetimate questions regarding 607, (that NO ONE can answer by the way) we now have a label! How is that fair? We asked people in the ministry all the time to examine their religion, but when we take our own advise and do an examination, and have sincere questions, this is how we are to be treated??" They said it is usually the spiritually imature ones that are to blame! I asked, "Then why can't you give a local needs talk on gossip and slander to correct them? We are the 'Hot topic' right now, we are getting calls from 2 states away, in both directions. A talk would at least let those that are slandering our names know that it wasn't right and that you don't agree with it. And maybe, just maybe a spiritually mature one would stop a slander conversation if it was being said in their presence." Do you know what the reply was? "We don't just give local needs because somone asks us to." I said, " I realise that. But don't you think if someones good name that they worked hard to have all their lives and have been a faithful servant of Jehovah, was being deliberately ruined, and it was the 'talk of the town, shouldn't it be stopped?? They said, " Well you need to go apply Matthew 5:23". I said, "With who??? How many ones do I have to call?? A hundred? Two hundred?? And even if it was possible to follow the chain of gossip, why would they believe me?? You have the ability to do something about it!! In one talk, you can reach over a hundred at once!" The P.O. said, "It is something for us to consider." As for the C.O. well, he's been asking questions about us to my Grandmother, who knew nothing, and yet he never once came to US for the facts. Its hopeless!! I feel the ones on this forum are correct. They are building a case against us! The inevitable is coming. And another innocent lover of TRUTH gets the axe!

L.L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit