Just got a knock at the door...yup you guessed it

by Lady Liberty 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I would file a formal complaint against them with the CO of slander and violating confidentiality. I know...I know...it will not do any good...but it sure would be fun to put them on the defense!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I would file a formal complaint against them with the CO of slander and violating confidentiality. I know...I know...it will not do any good...but it sure would be fun to put them on the defense! Believe me it crossed our minds! They only take care of the matters that they WANT to take care of. Quite frankly by their attitude, I really feel that they don't WANT to stop the slander. That way there will be fewer ones that will engage us in conversation. We are a threat you know! We know FAR, FAR TOO MUCH! We have too many valid questions, and they have absolutely NO answers for us! In fact, the common responce has been... "O.K., so what if you are right about 607. What about this...what about that...." They want to skirt around answering our questions on the date! In fact one time I replyed saying, "You answer this issue for me and all your other questions will become self evident!!" It didn't matter, they just kept trying to skirt around it! What does it matter?? Because without 607 you don't have 1914! And without 1914 you don't have 1919! With out 1919 you don't have the whole authority structure that is so vital for this organization! Without it the whole thing crumbles!" L.L.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    With out 1919 you don't have the whole authority structure that is so vital for this organization! Without it the whole thing crumbles!"

DON'T LOOK BEHIND THE CURTAIN! DON'T LOOK BEHIND THE CURTAIN! DON'T LOOK BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

oh man LL!! I so hear you right now!!

I am in the same boat as you. I questioned two elders about the 607 thing when I was frantically looking for an explanation when all my research started. Well, I was NEVER given any straight answers. It was "look in the Insight book under chronology." Yeah....- I did that.

Now that we have moved and faded the rumour mill has gone into full swing! It seems that these elders who I spoke to in CONFIDENCE have let many people know the type of questions I was asking about and giving the excuse "it was out of concern" that we shared this info. ARGHHH!! they are horrid people.

This has infuriated my dad who is still presently a JW. Their hypocritical behavior has just reinforced all the things I've been saying would happen. (He didn't believe me at first.) He even went so far as to call these gossiping elders and defend my name. They were highly defensive but eventually put into their place. It made my dad feel good but like I told him....watch out! They are going to have their eyes on you now!

I so know how it feels when they trash your good name and never once bother to call and get your side of the story.

hang in there. you are the bigger person in all of this!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

hang in there. you are the bigger person in all of this!

Thank you freedomlover for your encouraging words. Questioning 607 and finding it to be a lie, makes you question EVERYTHING!

Of course our issues now are MANY, MANY more than just the whole date thing. But we are going to hold their feet to the fire on this issue. It is going around like wildfire here in our area. It is a HUGE deal! That is why they all are so eager to get rid of anyone who has questions on it. The whole 1914 date is the center Doctorine of this organization. Like I posted, when they don't have a answer after they have done the research, then they always say, "So whats the big deal?? I's still God's organization." Why?? Because they "Say So?" Well I would like to know why we now have a "Apostate" label for questioning it , if it's not a big deal. Why do they disfellowship you if you verbally express to others that you believe the date is 586/587??? If its not a big deal?? Awe...but it is!!!

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Your still in good standing? Why not go back to the KH and make good appearances until your able to give talks and then get up on stage and tell everyone about 607 and DA yourself. That would stop all those nasty rumors!!

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

"Because without 607 you don't have 1914!; And without 1914 you don't have 1919!With out 1919;you don't have the whole authority structure that is so vital for this organization!; Without it the whole thing crumbles!"

Please educate this wordly pagan. I know the deal with 607 and 1914, but what is the importance of 1919 to the structure of the organization????

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

I so know what you mean LL about how it all crumbles when 607 can't be proven. I remember when I made the connection initially and I literally didn't sleep that whole night because of the way that one fact unraveled EVERYTHING for me.

It's amazing how they will turn this issue on you because they have no answer. The will character assasinate you because you have pointed out their lies. Please let us know how it turns out. I'm afraid that if you've caused this much controversy in your area they may get word from headquarters to DF you for subverting people or that you are a danger to the congregation.

I admire your strength and courage. I love your dad's quote about "there will be some who love truth over tradition, and those those that love tradition over truth."

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Please educate this wordly pagan. I know the deal with 607 and 1914, but what is the importance of 1919 to the structure of the organization????

The WATCHTOWER claims that Jesus returned in 1914 because, according to biblical chronology (actually a crazy coot named CT Russell measured the inner passages of the Great Pyramid) 2520 years after Nebuchadnezzar II destroyed the Temple in Jerusalem God's Kingdom was born in heaven and Satan was defeated and ousted. 3 1/2 years later in 1919, Jesus sneaked down to the earth to see who was the 'Faithful Discreet Slave'. He decided it was the International Bible Students Association led by the crazy coot who measured the inner passages of the Great Pyramid to come up with 1914.

The entire 'Faithful Discreet Slave' pile of BS rests on the shaky foundation of 607 and 1914 due to the Watchtower's insistence that Jesus came alookin' for them in 1919. No matter that the only difference between the Watchtower and Christianity was that the Watchtower denied Christ's diety and didn't believe in a conscious Christless eternity.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The 1975 Jehovah's Witnesses Yearbook says the Watch Tower Corporation was "Jehovah's organization" before the appointment in 1919. Was there an appointment, a loss of appointment, and another appointment? Or is the 1975 Yearbook in error? Or what?

*** yb75 p. 80 Part 1—United States of America ***
    For God’s people those were difficult days, indeed. Yet, they looked to Jehovah for aid. (Ps. 121:1-3) God would raise up others to carry major responsibilities in his organization. The preaching work would go on.
    Jehovah’s servants had just passed through a trying time, but years of crisis were ahead of them. With the death of C. T. Russell on October 31, 1916, the Watch Tower Society lacked a president. Until its annual meeting on January 6, 1917, an executive committee managed the Society’s affairs.

*** yb75 p. 92 Part 1—United States of America ***
    Brother Rutherford did not summarily dismiss the former directors from the Christian organization. Instead, he offered them positions as pilgrims. They refused, voluntarily left Bethel and began spreading their opposition by an extensive speaking and letter-writing campaign throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. Consequently, after the summer of 1917, many congregations of Bible Students were composed of two parties—those loyal to Jehovah’s organization and others who had become spiritually drowsy and had fallen victim to the smooth talk of the opposers. The latter became uncooperative and would not engage in the work of preaching the good news of God’s kingdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit