A brazen falsehood in this week's Watchtower study! (week of Feb 9 - 15, 2015)

by Island Man 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• davidmitchell
    davidmitchell

I keep hearing references to 'gnashing of teeth'. So what happens to people like me who have none of their own teeth? Will God supply some sort of indestructible dentures? And furthermore, will I have to pay for these?

Confused

• Island Man
    Island Man
    I keep hearing references to 'gnashing of teeth'. So what happens to people like me who have none of their own teeth? Will God supply some sort of indestructible dentures? And furthermore, will I have to pay for these?

LOL

• Island Man
    Island Man

Ok here's an update:

I gave the comment. To paraphrase my comment, I basically mentioned Matt. 13:49,50 pointing to some of the key details there and saying that because of those details it might incline some to think that the separating is at the great tribulation. Then after a brief pause I said the faithful slave is telling us that isn't the case.

I made sure to word it in such a way as to expose how the details pointed to a GT fulfillment but without committing myself to the idea that it is so. I was also careful to use the right tone of voice. I worded it in such a way that all it takes is a different tone of voice for the exact same words of my comment to come across as a sarcastic jab at the faithful and discreet slave!

During my comment, there was no detectable hushed murmuring or any other indication that it stirred up the JWs in any negative or controversial way. In fact, after the meeting several JWs - including elders - commended me for my comment. But I know for a fact that my comment had an effect on their minds. How so?

One JW who commended me on my comment told me words to the effect that initially, at the start of my comment, he/she was a bit worried or shocked about what I was saying. LOL. So I suspect that many JWs had the same feeling when they heard what I was saying, but by the end of the comment they couldn't bring themselves to believe that it was a deliberate attempt to cast doubt on the FDS' teaching. So all in all I would say my goal has been met.

I got them to think without giving them any solid basis to accuse me. It also helps that I comment very rarely - that means they're always looking to give me commendation for any comment I make on a rare occasion. Their minds are set on encouraging me to comment more regularly so they wouldn't want to say anything to me that could discourage me from commenting. LOL. And a rare commenter doesn't exactly fit the profile of a sneaky apostate who's looking for every opportunity to plant doubts.

Although I saw absolutely no indication of it, I wouldn't be surprised if the elders are worried. They probably figure that I haven't said anything incriminating enough to warrant speaking with me without making themselves appear to be paranoid. LOL.

This is fun! I think it might be a way for those still trapped and having to attend meetings, to give some sense of purpose and enjoyment to what would otherwise be a totally boring and sickening affair.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Thanks for the links Bobcat. Very insightful information!
  • bobld
    bobld

Sower who sleeps

So he plants a seed a waits until it matures to harvest it.So why in the hell do they baptise 6 years kids.They have not matured.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit