A brazen falsehood in this week's Watchtower study! (week of Feb 9 - 15, 2015)

by Island Man 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Am going to have a go at it tomorrow. By that I mean I'm going to comment on paragraph 10.
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    What ya gonna say mister island man?
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    "What ya gonna say mister island man?"

I don't think it would we wise to reveal it on here - you never know who's monitoring these posts. But I will give an update as to how it went when I get back from the meeting. I'm actually planning on recording the entire meeting so I will get my comment as well as any post Watchtower comments to me from elders or others on tape! Knowing the title of the talk it should have some 'doozies' in it too. LOL

I'm hoping, starting from tomorrow, to do recordings of each JW meeting I attend and save all those with 'doozies' for future use. Should there come a time when I'm no longer concerned about being 'outed', I will publish the transcripts of selected portions of meetings that contain 'doozies'.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The washtowel tries to prevent people from predicting the future. Like all doomsday religions that try to scare people into putting all their faith in a bible or quran instead of trying to base predictions on astrology and the reality, they are almost always wrong. And they give rubbish advice. The action "needed" to be saved always benefits the group or individual giving the rubbish advice, not the victim. The victim is left unprepared for anything but soul damnation.

At least astrology, which has a track record that goes way back before Christi-SCAM-ity, tries to predict the future. Its track record has had to be destroyed by Judeo-Christi-SCAM-ity and Islam to prevent people from using it. And it has itself been corrupted by those who seek to enslave the world, so people really have to dig to find the truth. But, astrology, used along with following real trends, attempts to predict things so you can really prepare instead of giving your money and soul to some scumbag that wishes to frighten you into damnation.

Very wise island man, fair enough! I was just being lazy, I love bringing answers out that might make individuals think, but I can't be arsed to think of them in the first place!
  • scary21
    scary21

Island Man, I can't wait for the day you do just that ! Would love to hear your comment at the meeting..

Love your posts
    Sherry

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    One of the reasons I don't go anymore; as time goes on, it gets harder to not tell the truth about what you think, I am afraid I would just raise my hand and say what i really think.
  • Splash
    Splash

I pulled two elders over at the end of the meeting and showed them Mt 13:42 and 50.

I asked them "what's the difference between these two verses?"

As pointed out in the OP, the two verses say the same thing and are both on the same page when you read them.

1st elder: They're the same.

2nd elder: Yes, they're the same.

Me: No, they are different. Vs 42 is after Armageddon, vs 50 is before it.

Elder 2: Oh yes, that's right.

(Exit Elder 1)

The paragraph about showing real forgiveness after discipline, welcoming reinstated ones etc, I wanted to stick my hand up and make the point that if Peter Sutcliffe were ever released (say, to our cong), we'd have to give him a big hug and send our daughters out on the ministry with him...
  • Bobcat
    Bobcat

Island Man:

I posted some research on this parable here. You are seeing it correctly. The WT article is nothing but assertions. I get the feeling that they have abandoned any attempt at providing any reasons for the conclusions they hand out.

I posted about the 'growing seed' parable (Mk 4:26-29) here.

Bobcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit