A brazen falsehood in this week's Watchtower study! (week of Feb 9 - 15, 2015)

by Island Man 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Island Man
    Island Man

On page 13 of the December 15, 2014 Watchtower (study edition), the first 2 sentences of paragraph 10 say:

"The symbolic separating of fish does not refer to the final judgment during the great tribulation. Rather, it highlights what would happen during the last days of this wicked system."

But notice the words of the illustration recorded at Matthew 13:47-50 (especially the verses 49 and 50):

“Again the kingdom of the heavens is like a dragnet let down into the sea and gathering up [fish] of every kind. 48 When it got full they hauled it up onto the beach and, sitting down, they collected the fine ones into vessels, but the unsuitable they threw away. 49 That is how it will be in the conclusion of the system of things: the angels will go out and separate the wicked from among the righteous 50 and will cast them into the fiery furnace. There is where [their] weeping and the gnashing of [their] teeth will be."

Jesus words clearly indicate that it is the angels that do this separating work and that it involves casting the unsuitable ones in the "fiery furnace", indicating their everlasting destruction. Note that verse 50 is virtually word-for-word the same as what is stated at Matthew 13:42 - just a few verses above. How does Watchtower interpret Matthew 13:42?

The July 15, 2013 Watchtower (study edition) discusses this very verse (Matthew 13:42) on page 13. In commenting on the expression "weeping and gnashing", they say this in paragraph 13:

"Speaking about the condition of the weed class, Jesus states: "There is where their weeping and the gnashing of their teeth will be." (Matt. 13:42) Is that happening right now? No."

Then in paragraph 14 they say:

"During the great tribulation, after all organized false religion has been destroyed, former adherents will run for cover but will find no secure place to hide. (Luke 23:30; Rev. 6:15-17) . . . As Jesus foretells in his prophecy about the great tribulation, at that dark moment, they "will beat themselves in lamentation." - Matt. 24:30; Rev. 1:7"

Then in paragraph 15 they say:

Fourth, pitched in to the furnace. What will happen to the bundles of weeds? The angels "will pitch them into the fiery furnace." (Matt. 13:42) That means complete destruction. Hence, those former adherents of false religious organizations will be destroyed during the final part of the great tribulation, Armageddon"

Thus, it is very clear from the July 15, 2013 Watchtower that they understand Jesus' expression at Matthew 13:42 about being cast into the fiery furnace and experiencing weeping and gnashing of teeth refers to events during the great tribulation. How can they come now and say that Jesus illustration of a separating work involving angels and where he used this very same expression, does not refer to a separating work happening during the great tribulation? Why, Matthew 13:47-50 is practically a less detailed repetition of the illustration of the wheat and the weeds found in the very same chapter! Watchtower is a brazen false teacher!

Awake ones still in: paragraph 10 of this week's Watchtower study provides an opportunity to share a subtle TTATT comment exposing the brazen false statement made at the start of that paragraph.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Trifling over words.

Since WT has already stated (I think in the Revalation's Bland Climax book) that Bible "prophecies" can't be clearly understood until after their fulfillment, how are they even prophecies? It's easy now for all kinds of nuts to point out prophecies about 9/11, but where were those "prophets" on 9/10? Taking these rather obscure illustrations and turning them into ever-changing prophecies is such a waste of time and paper.

And who wants to be compared to a fish in this illustration? The unsuitable fish are throw in the fire and the fine fish are thrown in the frying pan. No promise of these JWfish getting set free to swim forever with their pandafish, eh?

• Simon
    Simon
    Since WT has already stated that Bible "prophecies" can't be clearly understood until after their fulfillment, how are they even prophecies?

Exactly - of what use are they if you can't tell what they mean? Doesn't it indicate that the prophet doesn't even know?

It's like having a weather forecaster tell you that there will be "weather" this weekend and they'll tell you specifically what kind in retrospect on Monday. Oh, and then proudly boast that they have a great track record of foretelling the weather.

Which idiot would tune in and think that was of any value whatsoever?

The point of all religious prophesy is not to tell anyone what is going to happen. It is to give people something that can be endlessly recycled and re-purposed to convince a crowd that they should be doing what you want them to be doing.

It worked thousands of years ago and strangely it seems to work even better today even in an age of apparent enlightenment and learning.

I guess people will just never really learn.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Watchtower prophecies, brought to you by the makers of Miracle Wheat!

The hidden message in the study article is, "If you are not loyal to the Organization, NOW, you are not a fine catch." When is the GT?? Nobody knows, so placing that judgment in the future does little to motivate loyalty to the Governing Popes. Hence, it needs to be adjusted to apply right now , since the WTBTS is going to be exposed, just like the RCC.

DD

• OUTLAW
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

My still-in relative highlighted everything you've found, 4 or 5 days ago.

Thankfully, I'm having a long-lie in bed tomorrow morning, so I will avoid having to listen to a blind Watchtower Study conductor leading a blind congregation in blind obedience - into pit of denser darkness!

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    .all makes as much sense as saying it will be dry tomorrow if it doesn't rain between the showers..!
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Speaking out both sides of there mouths again are they.
  • Max Divergent
    Max Divergent
    I just can't even make much sense of what they write now. They just string together a bunch of assertions in metaphorical language. It's so lightweight it doesn't make sense.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I'm about to go to the meeting soon...

I literally feel ill just thinking about having to sit through this stuff, while head-nodders all around me just swallow up everything.

It simply amazes me how witnesses can just "learn new light" which in effect just counteracts and contradicts all "old light" that they spent hours or years "learning" in the past!

I mean, what a waste of time!

My Cognitive Dissonance is in overdrive!!!!!!

AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit