The Toxic Danger of Fabric Softener and Dryer Sheets...Who Knew???

by SWALKER 42 Replies latest social current

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Thanks swalker for a great post.

I always think it's better to be clean than to try to cover a smell with synthetic "fragrances". I don't know actually why people use fabric softener. Are we that soft???

• LDH
    LDH

I don't buy Blahniks or Prada anymore (MMusto where are you?).

I don't carry Coach bags (exclusively) anymore.

I don't subscribe to W anymore.

I don't wear Seven or True Religion jeans.

I am not giving up my damn laundry products. I am a laundry SNOB. My one indulgence. I spend so much time on laundry I'm going to enjoy it as much as humanly possible. I have a Whirlpool Calypso washer and dryer that my parents bought us as a housewarming gift 5 years ago.

Because they are rated HE (high efficiency) I only have to use 1/2 the amount of regular detergents and softeners.

When those go (never), I'm buying Dexter Commercial machines. The big Laudromat workhorses, front loading washers. Less water usage and lots more energy efficient. Cleaner clothes, too.

In my laundry room you will find:

Borax

Clorox Bleach

Mrs. Stewart's bluing (for whitening whites)

Woolite for Dark Clothes

All Fragrance and Dye Free

Oxi-Clean (I don't think this does a damn bit of good, I just like it).

And ...drum roll...... Downy Lavender and Vanilla. Must have.

I once went "whirling dervish" on my husband when he bought some "Consuelo" or some such softener made in Mexico that he bought at Dollar Tree. LOL.

Lisa

Calgon, Take Me Away Class

• trevor
    trevor

The reason we never use fabric softener is that it stops cloth absorbing moisture. Take a towel that has been rinsed in softener and one that has not. Put a drop of water on both.

The one with the softener will not absorb the water. No good on towels or any clothing that is worn to absorb moisture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit