Which annual JW event did you dislike the most?

by jambon1 29 Replies latest jw friends

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I hated the afternoon that we had to go in service during the District Convention.

We always went to third or fourth convention in a host city, so we usually had to go in FS in a really bad area of the city. The stories of the angels protecting people in FS were urban legends to get JWs to go in to those kinds of areas. Plus, if you're working city and not rural territory, then you have to talk at the door more.

CountryGuy

• xjwms
    xjwms

Number one the memorial

Number two Circuit ASSemblies in January What were they thinking?

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

DISTRICT CONVENTIONS :

actually liked them when I was single

sistas in their summer dresses.

Philadelphia vet stadium in july HOT!!!

still had them their until it was demolished 2 or 3 years ago.

• evita
    evita

Circuit Assemblies were so boring. They were always in dull places like Yuba City or Fremont. The assembly halls were dull, lifeless buildings with no place to hide. At least at the district conventions you could kill some time walking to the farthest bathroom.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

The District Conventions always sucked. So boring and such a waste of time. Even as a die hard JW I always wondered how they expected us to listen to people talk for 6 hrs a day 3 sometimes 7 days a week depending on how far back in time we go.

• The_Replacement
    The_Replacement

Annually on Saturday, I hated field service.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Assemblies (the big 8 day ones - were bad)...but I think that the very worst was "special day of door to door service for the Worldly Thanksgiving Holiday"...

Talk about an embarrasing special service day carefully calculated to piss off as many innocent ordinary householders as possible. And you were the special messenger sent out to mess up their family celebration.

And to top it all off, I never did see how this holiday was "worldly" or unscriptural in the first place. They were just saying thanks that they had enough food to eat. No false worship involved at all, as far as I could see.

James

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I hate the memorial.

For something they make such a big deal about, it is sofa king boring.

All those once a year people suddenly show up like Jesus was coming to the hall that night!

So stupid! Always the same boring talk, too many people, snorefest!

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I liked em all ok. Glutton for punishment I guess

Ok if I had to choose, as an elder it was the CO visit. Very stressfull. Ooops forgot about Elsewhere's dream. Watchtower Society: Try as you might, you cannot hide the truth!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

district conventions were the worst for me, even when I was really into thw jws. They just went on way too long for my liking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit