Which annual JW event did you dislike the most?

by jambon1 29 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

I actually never liked the memorial. It was`nt a very spiritual occasion at all really. I hated feeling guilty about not doing the scheduled bible reading. Maybe I just was`nt spiritual enough. I always hated when the brothers who had handed round the emblems would then sit at the front and be handed them again by the speaker! WHY?

Assemblies & conventions broke the cycle of field service etc but they were tiring with the kids.

Guilt always seemed to come as a by-product of all these events.

J

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The butt-numbing districts, for me.

• Dune
    Dune

Memorials never really bothered me, i actually liked them to tell you the truth.

I HATE conventions to the highest degree. This years is going to be my last convention, but since i'll probably still be living with JW family members, i think i'll take a trip to another state under the guise of attending another convention.

• nsrn
    nsrn

District, or even worse, international conventions were the worst for this kid.

• nsrn
    nsrn

Oops! I hit enter too soon! To elaborate on the miseries of summer conventions: LONG car trips complete with motion sickness, no air-conditioning in the car and an aunt that hated 'the wind', scary mystery hotels with a communal bathroom down the hall, homesickness, nausea and diarrhea from crowd anxiety, bathroom lines, and miserable heat....dresses.....hours of talks....spankings.....did I mention how much I hated assemblies?!?!?!?

• Cellist
    Cellist

The longer the event, the more I disliked it. The Memorial was usually my favorite because it was the shortest. But, only if they cancelled a meeting because of it.

Cellist

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I hated the Special Assembly days because we had to drive 2.5 hours each way to get to the assembly hall, which in itself is exhausting, but also sit for 8 hours hearing blithering nonsense which we could have gotten back at our own Kingdom Halls. What made them so "special"? They wern't special, they were regular, typical, boring, wasteful gatherings. Why not just combine the special assembly days into the circuit assmeblies? I guess it just highlighted why I hated assemblies and conventions in the first place - hearing a bunch of stuff you could just as easily hear at any congregation, but you have to pay for it with hotels, restaurants, and time away from work.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

District coventions. I hated them as a kid and hated them even more as an adult. Theres goes all my vacation money. What new boat?

The Claw ( of the boatless class )

• serendipity
    serendipity

Assemblies. I hate giving up my weekends for them.

• Hawkeye
    Hawkeye

I hated the conventions. I felt sorry for the kids having to sit so long and pretend they were enjoying it!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit