Assembly comment anger

by 5thGeneration 27 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

These little CO's...think they are so PRFOUND...all they're trying to do is create their own legacy...pathetic.

If only he knew what an IDIOT he sounds like!

u/d

• jgnat
    jgnat

This corruption burns me.

1 John 4:19 NIV We love because he first loved us.

1 John 4:19 NWT As for us, we love, because he first loved us.

Luke 6:38 NIV Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Luke 6:38 NWT Practice giving, and people will give to YOU . They will pour into YOUR laps a fine measure, pressed down, shaken together and overflowing. For with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU in return

MY GOD is generous. MY GOD gives first. I don't know what god they are serving, but I don't want to have anything to do with it.

• Scully
    Scully
    Our C.O. said at our assembly that our research of the Bible teaches us that Jehovah is a "what have you done for me lately" God.

So what is all this bull$h!t about Waiting On Jehovah™? If a God™ has a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately attitude, then that God™ shouldn't be surprised if His™ followers have the same attitude toward Him™.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Well, doesn't that sound a lot like Ba'al and the other false Gods condemned in the Bible? I don't remember all the details, but if they were angry, a burnt offering was needed to appease them, today!

Tomorrow some new offering had to be made, and so on. They were "what have you sacrificed to me today" Gods!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    MY GOD is generous. MY GOD gives first. I don't know what god they are serving, but I don't want to have anything to do with it.

Spot on.

That's the reason most of us left his cult and now are servants instead of slaves.

• juni
    juni

We shouldn't fall into the trap again equating what the Creator wants and what this organization says He wants.

Juni

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

We need more CO's like him.

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

Unbelievable!

• greendawn
    greendawn

They continue with the same approach as when I was a dub many years ago they capitalise on jehovah and his will (as they falsely present it) in order to motivate the dubs to work unpaid for their corporation. "Jehovah wants you to work for the WTS that's his will and you better do so. Otherwise you lose your life at armageddon soon. No eternal life." It sounds like the mafia.

More importantly what has the WTS done to obey jehovah's will with respect to being charitable to the needy R&F?

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

I agree with what U/D said about speakers wanting a legacy. CO's and speakers at assmeblies are as bad as politicians in always looking for soundbites.

I'm no believer in the bible but isn't the point of the new testament that putting faith in Jesus is enough?

The quote should be rephrased "The watchtower society is a what have you done for me lately society", considering the fact that they enumerate, correlate, judge on and put great store in their excel spreadsheet of salvation that has ministry hours, mags placed meeting attendance etc etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit