My Birthday is coming up......

by troubled mind 30 Replies latest jw friends

• uninformed
    uninformed

go for it

u

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Happy First Birthday coming up! You deserve the best day of your LIFE! People at work are

usually up for helping with any excuse for a celebration, so I think you have the right group!

Do they know you used to be JW...I'm sure they will really plan a good one for ya!

Keep us posted!

Auntie Jane (also an April Birthday "girl'...a few years ahead of you, though But, hey, that beats the alternative anytime

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Hey Hey Hey...my barfday is April 3!!! Isn't that grand? So Happy Birthday To You TM (and me too)!!!

hug...mumsy

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

After I posted, I recalled something worth sharing. A long time friend of mine has a JW sister,

actually all her family took up w. the Jdubs as adults, except for her. She was having a hard time dealing with all their rules about not celebrating birthdays, etc. One day we mentioned that our birthdays were only one day apart, and 2 other friends of ours have April birthday as well. Thus we formed the "Birthday Sisters" group. We have met every year, sometime in April, to celebrate; usually with a lunch, sometimes shopping, sometimes attending a special event, or whatever comes up. We each take turns, and it is sometimes the only time during the year that we all get together. But we share each others' family crises and concerns throughout the year via emails and phone calls. We have been celebrating for 23 years now! YIKES! BUT, isn't that awesome, something good sprang from the JW cult effects.

Happy Birthday to all birthday brothers and sisters, especially those celebrating for the FIRST TIME~

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Auntie Jane that is such a great idea, it's amazing you all have kept up with it through the years

• Legolas
  • troubled mind
    troubled mind

((((hugs))) and right back at you Poodles

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is nothing wrong with celebrating birthdays it's just innocent fun so you should make a start and why not this year?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Legolas....SWEET.....that makes me

• Westaline
    Westaline

You don't have to worry for your birthday. It's true that's a special day for you but you can celebrate it with many ways. It's not a big deal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit