Happy St.Patrick's Day!

by Legolas 23 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

And top of the mornin' to you, too, Legolas!

ST. PATRICK'S DAY TIDBITS from U.S. Census Bureau Statistics

• There are 34 million U.S. residents who claim Irish ancestry. This number is almost nine times the population of Ireland itself (3.9 million). Irsih is the nation's second most frequently reported ancestry, trailing only German.
    • There are three states in which Irish is the leading ancestry group: Delaware, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire. Irish is among the top firve ancestries in every state but two (Hawaii and New Mexico).
    • There are 54 counties where Irish is the largest observed ancestry group. Forty-four of them are in the northeast, with 14 in New York, 11 in Massachusetts, and five in New Jersey (outnfree is part Irish and born in NJ ).
    • In Middlesex County, Mass., 348,978 residents are of Irish ancestry. Among the 54 counties where Irish is the largest observed ancestry group, MIddlesex had the highest population of Irish-Americans, with Norfolk County, Mass., second with 203,285.
    • A total of 4.8 million immigrants from Ireland have been admitted to the U.S. for lawful permanent residence since fiscal year 1820, the earliest year for which official immigration records exist. By fiscal year 1870, about half of these immigrants were admitted for lawful permanent residence.

Rest in peace, Grandpa Mack and Daddy!

And to all at JWD:

May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks,
    May your heart be as light as a song,
    May each day bring you bright, happy hours,
    That stay with you all the year long.

• ferret
    ferret

Outnfree: well we know what those ancient Irish people spent their time doing.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Like rabbits, ferret, like rabbits! LOL

• bem
    bem

Happy St.pats to everyone heres my contribution of green.

• Brigid
    Brigid

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

I love this day! I always wear green (always have snuck it in--it's my favorite color). And though I'm not Irish or of Irish ancestry, I always "pass" very well with my red hair, fair skin and freckled nose! I admit, I like the cheap attention (just got some love at the Starbucks!!).

So, I'm way diggin' on St. Patty's Day and riding that green Irish wave.

Blessings,

~Brigid

• daystar
    daystar

Well, what is everyone doing for the day?

I'm wearing my green "Lucky" shirt today. Tonight, some of my lady friends (god, that makes me sound old) and I will head to a local english pub & grub (no Irish pubs very close by) to start the night. I'm excited to say that my sister will also be joining us. And then probably off to our more habitual location to meet some more friends and cringe through the karaoke.

• Brigid
    Brigid

<<Well, what is everyone doing for the day?>>

Well, if I can catch a flight out of DIA, I'll meet you guys at the pub (can I be included in your adoring throngs?)

Damn, it's just too damn cold here (I'M SICK OF IT!!!!), and I'm flying out on Monday for Ontario. Guess I'll have to go back to Starbucks and see if I can get some more action there!

Have fun, maybe next year!

~Brigid

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Well, what is everyone doing for the day?

Well I plan to do this ..then get like this and probably this Oh and some of this...LOL

• Cylon
    Cylon

Happy St. Patty's Day!

• daystar
    daystar
    Well, if I can catch a flight out of DIA, I'll meet you guys at the pub (can I be included in your adoring throngs?)

Of course you could! ... oh, but "adoring throngs"? I thought you said thongs there for a bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit