New System Questions

by sandy 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sandy
    sandy

Ok, so the new system is just around the corner, right?

If you mary your deceased best friend's fiance what happens when the three of you meet up again in the new system?

I mean I know the reasoning that the dead will be resurrected to perfection and will feel no more physical pain but what about the emotional pain?

Did we ever explain that away?

Do you think if a couple such as the one I'm speaking of here can actually, truly have faith in their religion?

I wonder what goes through their minds when they think about what they are going to say when they all meet up again one day.

This is really funy to me now but I imagine it to be very scary for those involved.

• nelly136
    nelly136

as a neuter, no sexual feelings and sexless for all eternity :)

can remember thinking *poor bastds!*

• anewme
    anewme

I know several witnesses who have chosen to remain single after the death of their spouse in order to be reunited if possible in the paradise.
    I also know many witnesses who have elected to remarry after the death of their spouse because they cannot know for sure what God will do in the future, but put their trust in him he will do the loving thing.

(Also I'm pretty sure they reason, well if the bitch comes after me, God will kill her on the spot before she can get to me!)

• Clam
    Clam

I wonder what the Mormon take is on this, within a polygamic setup? I suppose the men get re-united with all of their wives? Are mormon widows allowed to remarry?

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Don't they use that quote from jeebus or whatever where he said, ''Noone will be married or be given in marriage...'' or something like that? I remember asking my mom about this. She told me that people weren't going to get married in the new system.

Who knows....

luv, jojo

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Clam: Mormon widows are not allowed to remarry; Mormon widowers are allowed to remarry. This applies to those married in the temple (forever and an eternity, i.e., their marriages are not dissolved by death). Mormons no longer believe in poligamy in their terrestrial (earthly) lives; however, they do believe in poligamy in their celestial (heavenly) lives. They also believe that upon resurrection, men become gods over their own planets, and that women become goddesses. The god can have multiple goddesses.

I know of an elderly brother (elder) in a Spokane congregation who married is ex-sister-in-law a couple years ago. His wife had died; her husband had died. I thought the same thing...what would each one say to their spouses upon resurrection?

• Clam
    Clam

Thank you Justitia !!

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Actually, both Mormon widows and widowers are free to remarry, as are those who are divorced. We believe strongly in the value of family life. Susan

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Then Mormon's must have changed their theology. I lived in Salt Lake City for 5 years; worked for one of your finest elders at Ken Garff Oldsmobile, etc. ( He has about 5 dealerships) My daughter was born in LDS hospital and her father's family still live there and are Mormons.

I have to say SusanHere, that my experience is that Mormons strong belief 'in family life" is pretty equal to JWs strong belief in family life. I am e-mailing my daughter, who works with a Mormon woman (named Susan). My daughter busted her for drinking a Coke the other day. She asked my daughter how she knew she was Mormon; my daughter replied that "her garments" were showing. I will let you explain "garments" should you choose! I will be interesting to see how Susan responds.

I worked with a Mormon women who was "disfellowshiped" after being married in the temple and then marrying someone else. The one thing I can say, is that I lived there when a member of the governing body died. The Mormon elder next door came to our house to offer his condolences; I do not think many JWs would have done that.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

SusanHere: I was thinking (as usual) and now I'm confused. It is my understanding that when you marry in the temple it is "forever and an eternity." So, who gets her in the celestial worldd? Husband number 1? Or husband number 2?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit