Sending all the JWs all alone on a big island.

by greendawn 22 Replies latest jw friends

• lilybird
    lilybird

Nice idea.. But really.. why do the JWs rate to have their own country???? lol..

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

'Lord Of The Flies'' sprung to mind.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Actually it would be cool to have a huge JW island.

They could generate a lot of revenue by accepting the "worst of the worst" criminals from other countries and try to rehabilite them.

Since there would be so few "unbelievers" on the island, the preaching activity would be focussed on those criminals. Everywhere they walked someone would be handing them a magazine or tract so they could count the time for the month. Those pioneering would be especially aggressive.

Everywhere the person turned, someone would be handing them something to read, 20, 30, 40 at a time encircling the person. Everyone repeating the same "suggested" magazine offer for the month.

Now that I think about it, this would have made for a cool episode on the old TV show Twilight Zone.

Rub a Dub

• luna2
    luna2

An interesting proposal. How small of an island could you get away with? So far (after 5 minutes of looking) the biggest uninhabited island that I see on the market is Swan Island in Australia...550 acres for $950,000.00. Not a bad deal, but I don't think 6.5 million dubbers would fit. They may need to wait until the "greater number have cooled off".

• metatron
    metatron

Imagine an island where people try to escape at night and are stoned to death, if caught. Imagine suicide as a major cause

of death on the island. Imagine a "Ministry of Truth" that jams foreign broadcasts and carefully filters what its population

finds out. Imagine endless propaganda about how bad everything in the world is in contrast to the glorious spiritual paradise

on the island.....

actually, it sounds a lot like North Korea

metatron

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I was thinking more like Afghanistan under the Taliban. Elders driving around in Toyota pick-ups, beating sisters who dared show some ankle underneath their burkahs, and "marrying" 12 year old girls.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Ever see "Lord of the Flies"?

• Mary
    Mary

Yes, and they can make a TV series about it and call it: LOST

• greendawn
    greendawn

Upside Down I didn't realise you proposed the relocation of all dubs, but as for the Moslems going to Australia I would like to suggest sending them to another big island: Greenland, where the cold icy climate will help quench the flames of their religious passions.

As for the dubs it would be interesting to see what sort of society they will create when all alone, will it be a just and caring one according to theocratic principles? Or one of greed and selfishness as in all the world?

Indonesia has hundreds of islands and I think we could find one suitable for the JWs, they will sell all their property at its market value and move to the island which they will no doubt rename Jehovah's island. The large island of Sakhalin would also do.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    but the problem is once your disfellowshiped what then? Starve because no one will eat or talk to you? What about for married couples, no divorce except for adultery, so husbands can beat their wives all they want and the women would just have to put up with while being silent. It would be pure hell I tell you, everything would decay into pure chaos very quickly. I think it would be pretty funny actually, I'd love to see it happen.

They'd put dfed people in public stocks and spank them. Unless it was for spreading apostate thinking, then they'd just execute them.

No divorce? When beaten, wives could refuse to clean house, cook, bathe or dress perty in return. No silence either. And husbands would have to sleep sometime. But then that is what fear of God is for in the first place, to control men and women.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit