Are you the same person "Online" as in "Real Life"?

by JH 50 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

I reveal more here than I would to a stranger in real life. Some of the things I've written I wouldn't tell anyone but my closest friend, if I had one.

I probably come across nicer in real life - nonverbals makes a difference.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks JH.

But would you believe in a group of new people I'm actually rather shy and quiet. I perfer to sit back and watch and listen to other people.

• zagor
    zagor

I don't know, my gf says I have a lot in common with Billy's Connolly's character in this movie, lol

alt

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

online you can't hear my accent...offline i'm much cuter...and smarter...and more polite...sometimes!!!

• Balsam
    Balsam

Yep, I am

• alamb
    alamb

Yup, Balsam is. I love her to pieces.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, I am the same person. I'm probably more tactful here because I can think about what I am saying and read it before I hit submit. In person, I sometimes say something and then wish I had had time to read it before I hit the submit button on my mouth.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I dont know how I come across online, unless maybe I seem boring. but I assure you i am anything but boring. I am a very sensitie person. I don't mean that in a "touchy" person way, but a person that feels the pain of others. I want to help people any way I can. I dislike people online and in real life who feel they are a "cut above" the rest of us. . Often I just choose to not converse with those kind of peole online. rather than tell them what i think. .

I'm much more outspoken in real life than online. I will fight for the underdog, I am very proactive about my/families needs and find a way to get them met., I am not afraid to say what I think. Online i am do this less. Partly b/c I am just a much better speaker than writer.

weds

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This is my real life

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    This is my real life

Awww, have a hug, BB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit