New user in Pittsburgh, Pa

by somlat 20 Replies latest jw friends

• somlat
    somlat

I feel a little odd in posting this....

I am a 39 year old former Witness, former Elder, former just about everything. Been through much in the last two years... realized not all things I believed were true to me, not all things in the faith work the way I thought. No anger about the past... I did what I believed to be true to myself, and what others do is their decision.

Newly remarried with a stepdaughter now, obviously not a lot of friends from the past.

Just wondering if there are any potential new friends in the area that can relate to my life now?

• daystar
    daystar

Welcome to the board somlat!

I'm sure you will find people you can relate to here, and probably from near you, more or less.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Welcome aboard. I can relate to the elder part.......sadly.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Welcome, somlat, I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends here. Not sure who lives in or near Pittsburgh. I'm over near Seattle, but I will say this, GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

Sherry

• james_woods
    james_woods

Add me to your list... went to Servant school in Pittsburgh Pa. way back in 1970 before the elder arrangement.

Quit in 1980 along with R. Franz and the Dunlap brothers.

Hang tough,

YF James

• somlat
    somlat

Thanks to all for the welcome and quick replies... different kind of life now and it's interesting to hear others' experiences and thoughts.

• carla
    carla

Welcome! I'm sure there is an exjw Meetup somewhere in your area http://exjw.meetup.com/

give that a try.

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome somlat

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Welcome to the board. I'm not from your area, but I know you will find many great friends on here who can help you through everything :)

• tweety
    tweety

Hi Somlet,

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and hope to see more posting. Was born near Pittsburg area...and have a lot of family in Pa.

Tweety

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit