New user in Pittsburgh, Pa

by somlat 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Im not too far from Pittsbugh. Im from Youngstown. Nice to meet you!

• Cellist
    Cellist

Hi Somlat.

Welcome to the board. You'll find lots of people who can relate to what you went through. I'm sure there are a few who live near you.

Cellist

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

somlat.........................

Nice to see you here. I live in the Pittsburgh area and would look forward to hearing from you.

In the meantime..............I've sent you a PM.

Looking forward to your response.

Tweety............ I would like to hear from you also. Who knows........we all might know each other or have mutual xfriends!

HappyDad

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Every October there's an ex JW conference near Allentown, PA. I've been several times; it's a great place to get it all out; however it's Christian based so if you're not ready for that; you may not like it....

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Back in the 70's I lived in western PA for a short time.

Went to the Butler hall and kept in touch with a few families for a while. Sadly, I've lost contact with them. Nice people.

I have some family in Latrobe and McKeesport.

I live in So Cal now.

Welcome to JWD!

-Aude Sapere. (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Knowledge/Wisdom)

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Glad your here

GO STEELERS

• TresHappy
  • serendipity
    serendipity

Hi somlat, welcome to the board!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Hey somlat,

Where are you?

Wondering if you are afraid to answer or if you just haven't been on JWD for the past few days?

You wanted to know if anyone was in Pittsburgh and I answered you and also sent you a PM.

Don't be afraid. You are in good company here.

Sure hope I haven't scared you off with my personal info in the PM!

Or was this just a set-up to get me since on the very day I read your post and answered it........I also had a name and number on my caller ID from a congregation "lackie" who would never call me unless it was for some "theocratic" reason.

Funny...........I haven't had a call in two years and then you make your first post to find anyone in your area. And I suddenly get a call! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......kinda funny paranoid thinking on my part.

But I don't really care. If your only purpose in coming on JWD was to flush someone out........and if that someone is me.........and I hear from my last cong..........then the real ca ca will hit the fan even though I have silently faded away for the last 6 years. The ca ca will be thrown by me though!

If this is the case, then HappyDad will make his stand just like Custer. In the eyes of JW's I will look like the loser.........but in reality I win either way!

Really........I hope I am wrong and you are for real. I would love to talk with you and find out who our mutual "friends" are.

Wishing you a wonderful fading and departure,

HappyDad

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Somlat, I am sure you will have no trouble finding ex JWs that can readily relate to how you feel and think, in your area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit