A Pedophile in our local congo--WHAT SHALL I DO PUBLICALLY? mmmmm...

by wozadummy 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

hi metrotron

No legal evidence as far as I know but the elder who came to see us about our problem admitted the other matter to me when I questioned him ...AND HE DOES STILL GO DOOR TO DOOR like all those gutless hypocrites.

Hi

miss peaches thanks for your advice ,we are very careful as we have been trying to get the society to deal with our case for many years but the perpetrator still carries on and everyone thinks he's wonderful. So much for their stopping priveleges, he has had the book study and helped in construction work even though he was exposed at a committee of several Elders!!!

But here's the shocking twist, one of the elders way back in that committee case is actually married to a sister who's father is the perpetrator to his wife that I mentioned in my original post!!!! It goes on and on and we are gradually exposing things a little at a time to brothers who still see us.

• neverin
    neverin

It is most probable that many Witnesses have a peadophile in their congregation and don't know about it. From 1978 to 1979 I was molested by my brother's best friend - I was 9- 10 yrs and he was 20-21.

I went public with this five years ago and reported him to the police. His PO knew and covered up for him, the other elders in his cong weren't even told. It was only when he was put on the sex offenders register that he stepped down from being an elder and the official line was that his wife was having health problems and needed his support (she too knew the real truth).

Even to this day it's only because my mom (non beleiver) and Dad (elder) tell others what happened that anyone knows. The abuser is still in good standing and the CO has tried and failed on many times to get my Mom to 'shut up'. There was no JC even though my Dad requested one - the line he was fed was that as the molestation had not involved him messing with my genetalia (although he had put his hands down the back of my knickers many times) then it was a crime but not a sin.

For me the saddest things to come out of this are that:

1. the police were too lenient - he got a caution - they wouldn't prosecute even though he admitted it.
    2. The JW's covered it up - and my Dad is still 'waiting on Jehovah'
    3. My brother no longer talks to me as he thinks I should have let sleeping dogs lie.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am always puzzled why are the JW elders who are always ready to pounce on sinners and punish them acting so softly when it comes to child abusers?

I know there were a couple of child abusers on the GB that could have influenced things in that way but they have long since gone.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

greendawn

I suspect the reason why they try to cover it up is at least two fold.

1. The WTS is about appearances. If they can hide a wrong - they will. It is only when a wrong becomes known that they are forced to do something. And even then if they can sweep it under the carpet, they will.
    2. Most of the GB are older men raised at a time when sexual abuse was NEVER spoken about. My abuses occured in the 60s. People just did not talk about this other then the odd reference to "funny uncles" and warnings about strangers. The whole abuse/recovery movement really started in the late 70s and early 80s. We know that the WTS is sexual-information repressed. They live in a bubble where sex is a bad word even when people are married to each other. In such a repressive/controlling org, where the policy makersGB were born and raised in the first half of the last century (and raised by women who were born in the century before that) it is not surprising that their attitudes are Victorian/Puritanical.
    • Lets say for example one of the GB is 75 years old.Then he would have been born around 1930. His parents could have been born in the 1800s and therefore would have instilled values based on their upbringing.

There are probably many more things that contribute but social change happened very slowly in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The world and social norms now change very quickly. But quite literally these men lived in a different world. And they have resisted change - strongly resisted it.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

the list on silent lambs only showed the towns where there were congregations with a sexual abuser, not the actual names of the congregations. can somebody direct me somewhere else for that? Thanks a bunch.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    the list on silent lambs only showed the towns where there were congregations with a sexual abuser, not the actual names of the congregations. can somebody direct me somewhere else for that? Thanks a bunch.

I'd like some more inf on this too. I saw where there WAS only one KH in the town and I used to attend meetings there. I'd like to find out who the perp was in that cong.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Neverin.....I'm so sorry to hear of your loss ,and that is what it is, you've had stolen from you something precious ...your mind ,heart and dignity and had bad memories and fear put back in it's place. The terrible thing is the place where you should get peace and comfort is also stolen from you -the religious organisation. Like Lady lee I had been abused at that time , the 60's , and by both sexes ,the last time I was dumped in bushland at age 12. The severity of the crime is not minimised by the perp just putting his hand down the back of your pants, it is the legacy left in your life of pain that is what is important and how you find help to cope.

All people are different and cope differently with this tragedy but in the org there is little comfort and as many find there is more pain added by the denials, the hypocrisy ,the shunning when all is needed sometimes is just some one to listen and BELIEVE you. My wife was a JW kid and suffered years of filth by her Elder "father"

I'm sure this org will pay for it's deciet and Pharisee ways but in the meantime remember that this is a problem not exclusive to JW's for I was'nt one years ago I was a Mormon as a kid.

Warning others is what I guess we are empowered to do.

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Me too! There are 3 KH's in Anchorage alone!! I don't go with my son (his father takes him) and would LOVE some peace of mind, at least to have a heads up!

SK

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

If you really want to know, then just go to whichever police sub-station is responsible for the hall. After seeing my hall on the list (remember thet you can't admit you view Äpostate"sites) I went to the police and showed them the Silent Lamb page and also explained why I couldn't ask the Elders (use the word excommunicate.)

A Detective showed up at the School! The Elders stuck him in the back room and they were still there until after the meeting. He called me the following day and confirmed that there had been allegations and was investigating why there was no report.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

MinisterAmos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit