Me - "Not what?"

Elder - "Not great."

Me - "Well, why did you ask, if you already know how I am?"

Elder - "Your not doing great spiritually."

Me - "Yes, I am."

Elder - "No, your not."

Me - "Yes, I am."

Elder - "I'm sick of your circular reasoning."

At least the elder Scully talked to actually believed her!!

• MuadDib
    MuadDib

Couple of nights ago me and some buddies were picking out some wine at the liquor store when I was hailed from afar by an elder and some guy I'd never seen (doubtless a JW from another congregation). I waved and said hi back, but he didn't approach us or anything. Probably for the best.

Come to think of it, I always seem to run into JWs when I'm at the liquor store.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Assclowns...

Good for you!

• Gregor
    Gregor

"Elders count on us being meek and submissive and somewhat in awe of their "position." When you don't exhibit those characteristics, they are thrown outside their comfort zone and become confused."

As he often does, 'olman said it best.

I would only add my observation that when someone is DF'd and it becomes known that their personal life has since gone in the toilet they are so pleased and comforted they eagerly share the bad news with each other. Kind of like the way a huge tsunami or earthquake disaster cheers them up. But if someone has been DF'd and has given them the 'bird' and is now obviously thriving in either a personal, financial, or spiritual way (i.e. appears happy and content) they are flumoxed and don't want to talk about or encounter that person. this is the type of person that the WTS reallty wants shunned.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Elder - "How are you?"

Me - "Great, I'm great. Thanks for asking."

Elder - "No your not."

Me - "Not what?"

Elder - "Not great."

Me - "Well, why did you ask, if you already know how I am?"

Elder - "Your not doing great spiritually."

Me - "Yes, I am."

Elder - "No, your not."

Me - "Yes, I am."

g'dayschne_belly,

I had a similar experience while still in. I was a bit taken aback and miffed when the newbie Elder greeted me with "and how are you feeling spiritually today?" So next time I asked him the exact same thing. Wally knew I'd keep it up so dropped the question from his lexicon.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Good for you

don't even give close to the upper hand..............be in control........at all times.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

[quote]I still can't get over how he seemed to be so intimidated by me, and how small and puny he seemed to me[/quote]
    Serving in the congregation makes brothers easily timid in the face of defiance. Remember, he has already submitted his balls in a little paper bag in order to be where he is!

• juni
    juni
    I still can't get over how he seemed to be so intimidated by me, and how small and puny he seemed to me.

I Know what you mean Scully.

I've ran into Elders when out and about. Guys who would have filled me with dread if they came up to me in the KH. Yet now they seem to go into a panic when they see me. One who was so pompous in the KH, when I spoke to him seem to just shrink and mumble his reply.

I came to the conclusion long ago that these guys were like they were in the KH because we let them. We had been cowed into thinking how "special" and important they were. Take that control away from then and they are nobodies.

Aniron - THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE FOUND TO BE TRUE. IF THEY ARE OUT OF THEIR ELEMENT THEY ACT LIKE A NORMAL PERSON, BUT THEY STILL HAVE THE SAME MENTALITY WITH THEIR SUGGESTIONS.

IT IS A VERY INTERESTING CONCEPT. THEY ARE STILL PROGRAMMED TO PUSH THOSE MTGS., LIT., AND STUDIES. TAKE OFF THAT SUIT AND TIE AND THEY TREAT YOU SOMEWHAT AS AN EQUAL.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Scully

That was awesome. But then I wouldn't expect any less from you. JW males have no idea how to deal with a woman whose brain is intact and working. Their experience is of woemn thay can pull rank on and who are afraid of them.

You were not aggressive or passive but rather the best of all - assertive

• Quotes
    Quotes

Scully said:

==========
    Then he asked me if he could bring over any Literature™.
    ==========

Correct response: "Sure! Could you get me the latest Watch Tower Library CD-ROM? I could also use a copy of the "Pay Attention..." book. Oh, and just to add further cost: how about a Proclaimers book and also an Aid book.

~PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit