WT only complete Finnish bible?

by Dogpatch 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ballistic
    ballistic

haha! great one Funky D. Does Jesus turn the water into 4 X ?

• dozy
    dozy

I emailed my friends in the Finnish Bethel & they confirmed Old Hippies comment. The NWT is very popular in Finland and the print run is huge as most homes have a NWT so the use of the name Jehovah is far more widespread than most lands.

OT When the Bethel was designed the GB vetoed the saunas in the plan & the Finnish brothers simply refused to build without saunas (which are an essential part of the culture & lifestyle in this very cold land). Eventually Brooklyn caved in.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Russia's Bethel also has saunas ............ because so many Finnish work there.

• Aaac
    Aaac

OldHippie: "no other translations have been available except the WT translation." ----- You're wrong. Some old-fashioned sects (eg. Laestadians) use the older version (Finnish 1933,38) continually. And many Lutheran church members. So actually two translations are used widely here, and thirdly, the NWT is used by some ignorant JW's. So, the Awake is lying, again. (Some parts of the Bible are translated in different styles, too, but this was not the point here.) You can read the Finnish two translations here: http://www.evl.fi/raamattu/1933,38/Raamattu.html and http://www.evl.fi/raamattu/1992/

• observer
    observer

dozy wrote:

"The NWT is very popular in Finland and the print run is huge as most homes have a NWT "

Most homes?? That is a big lie! Theocratic warfare, I guess.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

No - YOU are wrong. One must not confuse revisions of earlier translations or new and official translations made by the one and same church, with translations made by diffrent churches or groups. True, there are various translations, but they are all either the old or the new official translation. You say yourself that "Some old-fashioned sects (eg. Laestadians) use the older version (Finnish 1933,38) continually. And many Lutheran church members." And thatis exactly what I am trying to say, that some use the 1933 version, some the 1938, some the 1974 or whatever - but they are all updated (or older) versions of the same, official translation. You don't have 10 different versions made by 10 different churches; each and every one of these were made by the official translation group of the major church.

• Aaac
    Aaac

"You don't have 10 different versions made by 10 different churches; each and every one of these were made by the official translation group of the major church." --- There are even more translations - translated and used by several *sects*. Translators' names like Uuras Saarnivaara (Jumalan kansan Pyhä Raamattu "God's People's Holy Bible") and Anders Wilhelm Ingmann (Koetusraamattu "Try/Trial Bible"). Raamattu Nykysuomeksi ("Bible in Modern Finnish"). For NT, eg. Heino Pätiälä and Aapeli Saarisalo. Where do you base your information? Have you ever seen, read or touched these books? Because I have. I don't peg your pardon, but this link is in Finnish. ---- http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=311102&CategoryID=3459&startcat=1&ThreadID=2476148 --- There might not be 10 different versions made by 10 different churches, but there are many, though. So, Awake is wrong, again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit