JWS and PSEUDOSCIENCE

by badboy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

any takers?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

You mean their teachings on water-canopy Flood catastrophism as an explanation of geology?

Or God using antimatter to cleanse the earth?

• badboy
    badboy

THAT AND PROPERLY LOTS MORE THINGS BESIDE!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Not being funny badboy but sometimes it kicks the topic off if you do more than just present a topic without any comment!

• badboy
    badboy

Wasn't there something about sunshine and water being goog for your wellbeing,VACCINATION ETC ETC.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Brochure: Bizarre Medical Myths--Believe it or not! Lists a lot of them.

• upside/down
    upside/down

While all those wacky statements are true...and verifiable.

While I was a Dub 1984-2004... NONE of that would have worked on me.

Look at the dates...it's all very old...and as far as I was concerned, irrelevant, when compared to the modern teachings.

You get further if you stick to issues, and references that are post 1975.

Every religion on the planet has a sordid history...and few people really feel it's relevant...but more of a "pot shot".

As much as I despise the WTS... and although interesting FYI kinda stuff...stick to the more relevant issues when actually talking to someone that's in the org...and not look so "apostate".

u/d

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi U/D

It is true that this is ancient history. However there is a modern connection, especially concerning medical quackery. Not only is the society's heinous anti-blood stance anchored in this old material but also if you'll notice any modern Awake! magazine article that deals with a medical issue always has a disclaimer to the effect that the publishers of Awake "do not endorse any form of medical procedure" the reason for that disclaimer is that they used to endorse and condemn certain practices, and if you can show these to people, who knows? It might help...

Here's a couple. I'll try to find more later.

"Do not use X-Rays .. they are destructive and sure to harm the grandchildren of those exposed to them." Golden Age Sept 23 1936 page 828

"'Aluminum Poisoning Achievements'.. The unseen guests at the aluminum-dinner table: Food Poisoning, Cancer, Death .. It was salts of aluminum that killed the children, and is killing the whole country.. Meantime 'health experts' are filling the papers and magazines with pictures and stories and lies of how supremely healthful aluminum utensils are. It is astonishing what a capacity the American people have for absorbing lies. And don't the Big Business boys know it well?.. Aluminum Trust Guilty of Two More Murders .. to make food poisonous .. let it stand long enough in the aluminum vessel in which it is cooked. With this preliminary information anybody except a hardware merchant, or a publisher of advertisements, or a member of the American Medical Association will understand [a] dispatch [that] appeared in the Miami (Fla.) Daily Tribune for June 27, under the headline 'Bad Potatoes Kill Two Boys.' It is not surprising how quickly and efficiently the trust gets on the job to cover up the truth in every one of these cases of aluminum poisoning? All that was necessary to conceal the truth was to use the word 'bacterial' instead of the word 'aluminum,' and the trick is done as neatly as any hangman ever tied a nose. But will those who arrange and support this diabolical propaganda to suppress the truth be able to answer to Almighty God for the suffering and misery of which they are the direct cause?" Golden Age 1936 Sept 23 page 803-4/809

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

LEOLAIA -

What??? No water canopy?

I loved that belief!! Made me feel all warm. Now what am I going to believe?

Thanks a lot!

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Here's a few more:

"Avoid serum inoculations and vaccinations as they pollute the blood stream with their filthy pus." Golden Age Nov. 13 1929 106-7

"Thinking people would rather have smallpox than vaccination, because the latter sows the seed of syphilis, cancers, eczema, erysipelas, scrofula, consumption, even leprosy and many other loathsome affections. Hence the practice of vaccination is a crime, an outrage and a delusion." Golden Age May 1 1929 page 50

"If the organs

[of your body] are diseased, heal them by correcting your diet. Avoid the use of aluminum cooking utensils and alum baking powders as they are injurious to your health, poisoning your blood stream.. Sleep on the right side or flat on your back, with the head toward the north so as to get benefit of the earth's magnetic currents. Avoid serum inoculations as they pollute the blood stream with their filthy pus.. Stop chewing gum, as you need the saliva for your food." Golden Age Nov 12 1929 page 107

"Vaccinations are a violation of the Eternal Covenant God made with Noah.. Quite likely there is some connection between the violation of human blood [vaccines] and the spread of demonism.. sexual immorality .. Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." Golden Age Feb. 4 1931 page 293-4

"Appendicitis: Take one ounce each of elder blossom, peppermint and yarrow and simmer in three pints of water .. take a wineglassful every fifteen minutes.. Do not be afraid of the perspiration caused, or if you vomit. You will be better off with an empty stomach." Golden Age Dec 19 page 187

"We do well to bear in mind that among the drugs, serums, vaccines, surgical operations, etc., of the medical profession, there is nothing of value save an occasional surgical proceedure. Their so-called 'science' grew out of Egyptian black magic and has not lost its demonological character.. the medical profession .. sprang from .. demon-worshipping shamans .. medicine originated in demonology and spent its time until the last century and a half trying to exorcise demons. During the past half century it has tried to exorcise germs.. we shall be in a sad plight when we place the welfare of the race in their hands." Golden Age Aug 5 1931 page 727-8

"The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing." Golden Age Sep 13 1933 page 777

...and also give you skin cancer!!! Now for my all-time favorite Watchtower dumb science quote: (drum roll, please)

-

"Man on earth can no more get rid of these demonic 'heavens' (the organization of wicked spirits) than man can by airplane or rockets or other means get up above the air envelope which is about our earthly globe and in which man breathes." The Truth Shall Make You Free (1943) page 285

...So I guess space travel is impossible!

CyrusThePersian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit