Sign the JW reform petition now!

by inquirer 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• inquirer
    inquirer

http://www.jwreform.org./petition1.htm

Try to make life easier for those who are still JW's. Thank you!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Sorry....I don't mean to be a party pooper, but only got as far as halfway through the first paragraph and began to feel nauseous. I never bothered to read any further.

I have one major question.....

How can anyone ever hope to "reform" an greedy evil cult and a corrupt-from-the-bottom-up false religion anyway?

Annie

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Sign the petition now! -- JW reform!

If I signed it I would be agreeing to the following first sentences of the petition:

We are approaching you, members of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, as a “hiding place from the wind and a place of concealment from the rainstorm, like streams of water in a waterless country, like the shadow of a heavy crag in an exhausted land.” We know, from past experience, that you do justice and are of assistance to those in need, and we have confidence that Jehovah’s spirit will work through you, as it has so many times in the past.

What makes you think any sane and normal person would sign a piece of paper containing worthless lies such as the above?

NO

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

did jesus beg humans too?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Stop papering the cracks with old christian dogma

Let the watchtower continue to crumble and fall.

unclebruce

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

They do justice? Oh, really? Many children would tell you differently.

No way i can go along with this.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Try to make life easier for those who are still JW's. Thank you!

No way .. how would fluffing their pillows and tucking them in help them awake!

unclebruce

• Clam
    Clam

It's a bit over the top sycophantic really. Even if people did sign it do you think they'd take a blind bit of notice? It's like writing to the Nazi Party and asking them if they could tone down their anti-Semitism.

• inquirer
    inquirer

Bad idea. Sorry guys. Sorry for reposting too! My damn computer! (Ahhhhhhhh!) Yeah people are pretty bitter about the org. My ideas are nowhere near the thought of others. Just thought I wanted to know what you people thought. Cheers.

• Sirona
    Sirona

It isn't about being bitter, it is a simple matter of not agreeing with 90% of what you wrote on the petition form.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit