uncertainty principle

by ballistic 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm working on it, I'm not really used to 'thinking to the max' though.

It's hard to work out whether this is a positive or negative reply to your question - I guess that because I've just been 'surviving' most of my life, I've nearly always gone on instinct - but this hasn't always resulted in the best way of dealing with situations. Now, I question more - so does that mean that I am potentially going against my instincts (contrary to the theory) or am I in the process of developing and honing them?

.....Now how's everyone going to react to this answer. Should I have put a different answer. But would they react better or worse to an alternative one???????.......

• serendipity
    serendipity

HI balls,

As I get older I can think of more scenarios, but I stress less over them. I tend to research less than previously and need fewer facts to make decisions, in most cases. You could say I trust my judgment more. Or intuition, if you prefer.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I know one person who recently has been deliberating debilitatingly over issues related to leaving the JWs in such a way - it seemed everything was insurmountable. It reminded me how I used to be, and I wondered, is that just part of growing up, or did being in the JWs reinforce that helplessness?

• serendipity
    serendipity

I didn't feel helpless as a 'good' JW, but I did feel many situations were hopeless because of the constraints that were placed on me as a JW. I also knew I had a choice, and I chose to follow my 'Bible (and WTS) trained conscience.'

• serendipity
    serendipity

oops double post

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'd say it's more a case of stepping out/breaking free than growing up.

When you've got used to not thinking (like me) or having someone else (like the org) doing most of it for you, it can be difficult and positively frightening to start doing it for yourself again.

Whew that took some time to post - i've been beating off worms, spyware and the lot tonight - was it something to do with the ides of March?!

• ballistic
    ballistic

you're not using Unix are you? I hear they have demonds?

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

As I've got older I tend to discard the options that have an outside chance of happening and instead concentrate on those options which probably will happen. I think its down to confidence, the older you get the more confident you are in your decisions. Then again it might not be confidence, it might be arrogance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit