I"m BACK!!! from despair to victory

by Lady Lee 22 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat

Hi Lady Lee, see all the things you can acomplish without a computer or Internet! Anyway glad you are back because I was gonna gather up a few apostares and form a hunting party!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks for all the WELCOME backs.

Now can I cry?

from Andi *wha wha wha wha wha*

I just installed my 60 GB hard drive *wha wha wha wha wha* *wha wha wha wha wha* *wha wha wha wha wha*

everything is gone gonme gone.

I used the drive solely for storage and it was full of images, files and downloaded programs or updates.

*wha wha wha wha wha* *wha wha wha wha wha* *wha wha wha wha wha*

a lot of it will never be retrieved especially images from my digital camera of my grandchildren when they were minutes old

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Lady Lee)))

I'm so sorry you lost all your hard work and especially all those photos of precious memories.

Aren't there any super-whizzy-computer-technogeeks out there other than MI6/FBI and the like who are able to retrieve files from 'completely' broken discs?

• damselfly
    damselfly

Lmao! I didn't understand a word but thanks for the emoticons, they helped me understand your frustrations and then happiness at the end! Glad your back.

I perked up when I saw the knitting bits at the end.

Dams

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

As you can see...we're all glad you're back

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well it sure is good to be back

I think I strained my wrist from all the knitting.

Sad Emo

Aren't there any super-whizzy-computer-technogeeks out there other than MI6/FBI and the like who are able to retrieve files from 'completely' broken discs?

Last time I heard for the "New LOW price of $400" some people offer to retrieve the data off a hard drive.

Maybe I need to find a really generous tech wizz

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

OUCH! that's an expensive low price.

If a generous whizz doesn't come along, maybe you could hold on to the drive until an affordable new low price comes around. At least you'll get the pics back even though the other work files may no longer be needed by then.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

the really sad thing is that almost all the other files are really important too.

• my ebook
    • the JWD recipe books
    • tons of website files re JWs
    • my entire website files along with many files that I had not put on the site yet
    • the files for the BEST OF series
    • a listing of all my websites and passwords
    • images of all the knitting jobs I have done over the last couple of years
    • many programs that were either updates or full programs of things I used a lot
    • my entire geneaology files that go back to the late 1500s
    • resumes
    • and so much more than I can't even think of now

The whole hard drive was partitioned into 5 or 6 drives and somehow every drive disappeared and it is just one huge 60 Gigabyte empty drive now.

OK focus on the good things

I'm back on line

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I suppose you will be purchasing a jazz back up drive now?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Nice to see you back, you were very creative in the meanwhile with all the knitting so your time was well spent without the PC and JWD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit