Commentary

by Seven 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

MDS:

What if he spoke in constant parables, illustrations, like Jesus? Spoke only of the "mysteries of the Kingdom of God" and that true understanding of such, "had to be granted from God,"

If understanding can only be had from God, what need do I have for such a person? I have the questions already. The answers are what's missing.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• MDS
    MDS

Frenchy:

First, as you remember, Amos 3:7 says, Jehovah has to "reveal" His "confidential matters" to those of His "Intimate Group," the "prophets", always, according to His Timetable.

In turn, those of His "Intimate Group" are the first to hear (or understand) God's Word, as revealed by Jehovah Himself...

"For who has stood in the intimate group of Jehovah that he might see and hear his word? Who has given attention to his word that he might hear it?" -- (Jer. 23:18)

This is the Divine Pattern:

Jehovah gives understanding to

(a) Jesus, or "Intimate Group", (and/or prophet/channel) then,

(b) Prophet/channel gives understanding to people with questions.

This is the Divine Pattern.

Jesus promised us:

"The spirit of truth would guide us into ALL TRUTH" and would "declare the things coming," or put more plainly....it [the inspired source] would tell us (declare to us) the future (things coming.) -- John 16:13

So, if someone in our day, could accurately predict the future, tell us accurately what the future would bring, in effect, "declare the things coming," to us, with complete accuracy...not one or two times, but repeatedly, accurately, they would have to be considered an "inspired" source of information, inspired of God, based upon the information Jesus left for us to follow, in the above verses.

Those are the real guidelines that Jesus left for us to look for in this "inspired" source. He would only need to be able to tell the "things coming," but not necessarily to do anything else, like raise the dead, walk upon water, turn water into wine, and so on. Only predict the future, accurately...tell us the "things coming," correctly "INTERPRET PROPHECY," accurately.

These would be his "credentials": INTERPRET PROPHECY ACCURATELY.

Also, he would possess, A Superior Knowledge of Scripture, a complete "knowledge of truth." A whole understanding of God's Word, in a complete fashion. He would have the "complete picture," the "truth," "all of the truth." Jehovah would have revealed this to him.

Again, this is what Jesus promised would take place in our day. This same source, would "guide us into ALL TRUTH," too...the same source...an inspired source. He would possess "ALL TRUTH," being able to "guide us," into "ALL TRUTH," in our day. -- John 16:13

1 Cor. 12:10 speaks of the "gifts of the spirit," one of them being:

the unique ability to "discern inspired utterances."

This is the ability to, correctly interpret prophecy, as Jesus did. This unique ability then, always calls for inspiration from God, a "gift of the spirit," for one to be able to do so. This one would be "inspired," an inspired source.

As Luke 24:27 says of Jesus:

"And commencing at Moses and all the Prophets he INTERPRETED to them things pertaining to himself in all the Scriptures."

Jesus INTERPRETED SCRIPTURE...an inspired source...explaining what the prophecies meant, accurately. He also, foretold the future, for the Jewish nation and city of Jerusalem. This modern-day source would be able to do the same for us today.

If one then, must be inspired to accomplish what has been said above, then, Jehovah, only need INSPIRE just one person, one person on this earth, to accomplish the feat, of establishing an exclusive "channel" of communication for Himself...if this is His Will of course.

If Jehovah wants only one channel of communcation...He need only to inspire one person. This then, becomes His method of selecting the one He wants to represent Himself. There would be no mystery about it, no confusion, no misunderstanding, the one that Jehovah has chosen.

He would possess the "credentials" necessary to become God's Exclusive "channel of communication."

MDS

Edited by - MDS on 20 October 2000 15:42:35

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

MDS:
    Let's see if I'm getting this. Are you saying there is a (singular) person on earth today that is Jehovah's exclusive representative? That this person alone is authorized by Jehovah to make known his will to man?

• MDS
    MDS

Frenchy:

Yes.

MDS

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

This is an amazing claim. You have my attention. Who is he/her?

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

Hi Frenchy,

There is some information given about this individual at Isaiah 49:1-6.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy
    There is some information given about this individual at Isaiah 49:1-6.

That is a scripture that is being applied to the individual you are refering to. Are we going to start with the guessing games and riddles at this point or are we going to be honest and straightforward?
    I asked you an honest question. If you have an answer then I would like to hear it.

• AhHah
    AhHah
    If Jehovah wants only one channel of communcation...He need only to inspire one person. This then, becomes His method of selecting the one He wants to represent Himself. There would be no mystery about it, no confusion, no misunderstanding, the one that Jehovah has chosen.

I understand that the Bible teaches that Christ's coming to the earth in person fulfilled the old law covenant, with its earthly priests (intercessors) and ineffective sacrifices.

I understand that the divine pattern for spiritual revelation from God now rests only with Christ and the holy spirit. God needs no additional human assistance, Christ was the man that was provided by God.

I read nothing in the Bible that says that spiritual revelations, after Christ left the earth, would be made through a human. In fact, there are many statements credited to Christ that state just the opposite! Christ says that through him is the only acceptable way to approach the Father. He even warned about humans that would mislead many, in his name.

Jesus promised us:

"The spirit of truth would guide us into ALL TRUTH" and would "declare the things coming," or put more plainly....it [the inspired source] would tell us (declare to us) the future (things coming.) -- John 16:13

As to the quote above, I see absolutely no basis for your interpretation that those words have any reference to a human being used to speak for God.

For these reasons, I would absolutely reject anyone who dared to claim that God or Christ speaks to mankind through him.

When it comes to organized religions of men, it seems there is never a shortage of people trying to draw followers after themselves. And sadly, it seems that there will always be those who are willing to be victimized by them.

That is just my opinion, of course. I could be wrong. But you won't ever again see me following any man or group of men, so help me God!

Edited by - AhHah on 20 October 2000 17:34:47

Edited by - AhHah on 20 October 2000 19:15:38

• AhHah
    AhHah

I couldn't help but notice that bjc2012 responded last to this thread, instead of MDS.

Are you two the same person?

If not, do you know each other?

Are "one" of you God's new prophet?

• TR
    TR

Here's a scenario:

What if we were created by humanoids from another planet. Maybe they were so intellegent and powerful, that early humans thought they were gods. Maybe through the centuries, things got distorted so much that religions were created to try to make sense out our being here.

Could it be that we were created as slaves and then at some point left to our own devices? After all, Adam was put here to till the earth according to the bible.(Gen. 2:15) If this is the case, then dicussion about religion is all for nought. All religions could be myths handed down by people to try to control people and to have some sort of explanation for "why are we here?" If this is the case, then religion is the biggest "snare and racket"(I hate quoting J.F. Rutherford!) ever to be perpetuated by mankind.

Maybe if we were governed by laws based on some sort of standard decent behavior, and there was no religion at all, we would be far better off. No religious wars, no more "I have the truth and you don't" attitudes.

Did I even touch on the subject?

Tom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit