Systematic Watchtower Revision in 2005 WTCD

by VM44 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• VM44
    VM44

Unclebruce made a posting in this thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/109480/1.ashx in which he made the following quotes from the Reasoning book and the Watchtower concerning the obsolete teaching of the separation of the sheep and goats.

"The judgement and separation work by Jesus was proof of his presence since 1914." Reasoning from the Scriptures™ 1989 p. 344.

"The time came when angels also got involved in the separation work ." Watchtower™ 1992 June 15 p. 20

"Separation of sheep and goats is a glorious fulfilment of the prophecy of Matthew 25:31-33." Watchtower™ 1993 January 1 p. 19.

I went to look these quotes up in the 2005 WTCD library, and guess what? THEY ARE NOT TO BE FOUND!!!

They have been removed! The Watchtower does not want it known that this doctrine was taught as TRUTH up to the year 1995 and so has systematically removed mention of it in the 2005 CD!

And of course, no mention of this deletion!

How very 1984-ish of the Watchtower.

Please check for yourself if you have the 2005 CD, verification of these changes is welcomed, because this is a very important recent example of how the Watchtower covers up it changes in doctrine.

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

“Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past.”

Party slogan in George Orwell's 1984.

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

The discarding of the "separation of the sheep and goats" doctrine happened in 1995.

"Understanding the parable of the sheep and goats in this way indicates that the rendering of judgement on the sheep and the goats is future. It will take place after "the tribulation…
    " Watchtower,

So the unchanged text in the Reasoning book and Watchtower articles should still be in the 1993 and 1995 WTCDs. --VM44

• upside/down
    upside/down

What's sad...is no active Dub will believe you.

Those damn 'postates....spreading lies.

u/d

• VM44
    VM44

Why doesn't the Watchtower want people to know the history of this change in doctrine? It might be useful for a person to be able to check what was taught, what the newest teaching is, and when the change was made.

By tampering with the older issues in this mannter, the Watchtower makes it impossible for a person to do historical research!

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

Right now I am ready to throw my hands up in disgust at the Orwellian mindset of the people at Bethel.

But I am going to wait for others to verify the changes before commenting further.

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

The change in doctrine was made in the October 15, 1995 Watchtower page 23. --VM44

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Hi VM44,

this is from the 2003 CD

"In this day of judgment of the nations, Jehovah’s associate Shepherd and King, Christ Jesus, the Son of David, continues to separate the "sheep" of mankind from those who may claim to be "sheep" but are actually "goats." (Matthew 25:31-33)"

Is it the same as this on the 2005 CD?

• VM44
    VM44

As a matter of integrity on my part, I have to say that I just noticed that I was using the 2001 WTCD, not the 2005 WTCD, when I was looking up those quotations.

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

OK, found the quote in the 2001 WTCD.

What hallelujah quoted IS in the article, but what unclebruce quoted is not.

It would appear, and this has to be checked by someone with the bound volumes, that the sentence:

"Separation of sheep and goats is a glorious fulfilment of the prophecy of Matthew 25:31-33."

was replaced with:

"This “one shepherd” is raised up also to feed the sheep. What a glorious fulfillment of this prophecy we see today!"

If someone can verify that this is indeed the change, then we can ask why the change was made.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit