Systematic Watchtower Revision in 2005 WTCD

by VM44 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• VM44
    VM44

"The judgement and separation work by Jesus was proof of his presence since 1914." Reasoning from the Scriptures™ 1989 p. 344.

This HAD to be removed from the Reasoning book because a discarded doctrine cannot be used as proof of anything!

This shows that it wasn't a proof of Jesus' presence to begin with. A "proof" does not become invalid with time. It is either a correct proof, or not a proof at all.

It turns out that for years, what the Watchtower passed off as "proof" was just made up speculation that looked good in print!

The Watchtower has to be careful with what it changes. The elimination of even one doctrine could make their whole theological house of cards collapse! Everything is so closely knitted together.

--VM44

• Lot
    Lot

I have the original hard copy WT and no change was made. Uncle Bruce is in error. Of course we know that the WT is capable of making such a change, but not this time.

Lot

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I've confirmed Lot's finding.

The 1993 bound volume has no such quote in it. Since articles written quite some time in advance, it may have been theoretically feasible that the WTS decided to make the change in the volumes ahead of time. I don't have the individual WT to check that.

However since the quote supposedly found in the 1989 Reasoning book ISN'T actually there, nor is it in the 1985 printing, I'd question all of it.

• VM44
    VM44

Calling Unclebruce.....from where did you get those quotes? --VM44

• VM44
    VM44

This all underscores the importance of checking, and double checking, all facts and quotations before using them. --VM44

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Occam's Razor guys, Occam's Razor.

-Eduardo

• VM44
    VM44

Wiki article on Occam's Razor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor

Statement of Occam's Razor:

"Multiples should not be posited without necessity"

or, "given two equally predictive theories choose the simpler one, the one with fewer unnecessary assumptions."

Oroborus21, how is Occam's Razor applicable here?

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

I have confirmed that the following:

"The time came when angels also got involved in the separation work ." Watchtower™ 1992 June 15 p. 20

is indeed present in the 1992 bound volume AND in the 2001 WTCD.

If Occam's Razor is to be applied, then the simplest hypothesis is that I missed finding the sentence when I made my first search for the sentence.

Thus, as I was mistaken, I retract my rather strong statement, at least for this particular sentence.

--VM44

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

That particular quote is still found on the 2005 WT Library. I love to call them on their Orwellian tactics, but there's nothing here.

w92 6/15 p. 20 What Do the Dragnet and Fish Mean for You? ***

Our

Time Is Special

Let us now consider the time element. For centuries the dragnet instrument gathered fine fish as well as many unsuitable, or wicked, ones. Then the time came when the angels got involved in doing a crucial separating work. When? Well, verse 49 clearly says that it is during "the conclusion of the system of things." This matches what Jesus said in the illustration of the sheep and the goats: "When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. And all the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats."—Matthew 25:31, 32.
  • ballistic
    ballistic

Can someone help me out here? What was the change in the teaching about the sheep and the goats?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit